Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mpgxsvcd

May 16, 2022
Raleigh NC
I had to switch to all season tires recently. I decided to get the Hankook iON EVO AS tires because they offer great tread life, exceptional efficiency, and they are cheap. However, I was expecting a severe hit to acceleration because everyone kept telling me that all season tires have terrible grip.

Well, I decided to test that out and I went to the track with my 2022 Model 3 Performance and 235/45/18 Hankook iON EVO AS tires on my 18x8.5 T Sportline TS5 wheels and my car gutted. To my surprise the car was still fairly quick.

I did 0-60 mph in 3.06(2.88 with rollout subtracted). 7.17 @ 97.68 mph in the 1/8 and 11.24 @ 119.42 mph for the 1/4 mile. That is basically what I did before with the 245/40/18 Pirelli PZ4 tires that were severely undersized and about 2 lbs lighter per tire.

I haven't been able to find the limits of grip for these Hankook tires at all. Now, I don't take corners at 10/10ths or anything like that. However, for normal spirited driving they seem just as good as the Pirellis I had before and perhaps even the Michelin PS4S tires I had before that. I am sure that if someone pushed them harder they would be able to determine the difference. So far I haven't.

I honestly think that these tires are pretty incredible especially at the sub $200 per tire price they are at right now. If you really do push the car hard in the corners they offer a summer version of these tires too. In warmer climates that might be a better option for more hardcore drivers.

IMG_5021.png
IMG_5022.png
IMG_5023.png
IMG_5037.png

Attachments

• IMG_5010.jpeg
    IMG_5010.jpeg
    769.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5016.jpeg
    IMG_5016.jpeg
    562.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5046.jpeg
    IMG_5046.jpeg
    622.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5050.jpeg
    IMG_5050.jpeg
    606 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5051.jpeg
    IMG_5051.jpeg
    847.2 KB · Views: 71
Thanks for the informative post. I'm assuming that even though you don't go 10/10 cornering on the street, you still drive quite quickly, since you take your drag racing very seriously. That must mean the lateral grip for these tires must be pretty decent for sane speeds? I'm guessing they don't howl easily in the corners when you push them a little?

Thanks for the informative post. I'm assuming that even though you don't go 10/10 cornering on the street, you still drive quite quickly, since you take your drag racing very seriously. That must mean the lateral grip for these tires must be pretty decent for sane speeds? I'm guessing they don't howl easily in the corners when you push them a little?
My motto is “take it to the track”. I don’t drive aggressively on the streets. It just isn’t my thing.

I took one off-ramp in a spirited manner but nowhere near the limits. It was fine and didn’t feel like it was going to do anything unexpected.

If hard cornering is what you are looking for then definitely go for the summer version of this tire. It will almost certainly be much better for that.