Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow 9inch dash screen won't connect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can any one help me with this?
I have the 9 inch dash screen, the OTA version.
I've been unable to connect the unit to the Tesla Bluetooth.
My android phone has connected to the hansshow unit fine and AA is working but without connecting to the car all auto is coming out of the rubbish on board little speaker.

When I search I can find BT-TSLA but the car fails to connect to the unit.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong and hansshow simply say there will be an update to fix it.
I find it hard to believe this has always been an issue as I've seem many other people with the unit don't have this problem.
20230408_110558.jpg
20230408_110612.jpg

Can any one help me with this?
I have the 9 inch dash screen, the OTA version.
I've been unable to connect the unit to the Tesla Bluetooth.
My android phone has connected to the hansshow unit fine and AA is working but without connecting to the car all auto is coming out of the rubbish on board little speaker.

When I search I can find BT-TSLA but the car fails to connect to the unit.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong and hansshow simply say there will be an update to fix it.
I find it hard to believe this has always been an issue as I've seem many other people with the unit don't have this problem. View attachment 926188View attachment 926189
Try connecting your phone with 9-inch screen carplay,and phone connect your Tesla Bluetooth. Then you can using your app by your Phone. OR if you are willing to control your apps by car system , then try connecting the 9-inch dash screen by your phone only.

Let me know how it works :)

Upvote 0
@Hansshow, can you help with this issue on Android Auto?
Sure. Firstly, you have to change the 9-inch system to Android Auto, which you can go to Settings ->System Settings ->Mobile Connection ->Choose A-Auto. Secondly, use your Android hotspots to connect the 9-inch dash and Tesla connect to BT-TSLA by Bluetooth . Then choose playing music or apps thought Bluetooth by your vehicle

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue. Trying to attach to BT-TSLA does not work. Tried the usual troubleshooting- removed all BT devices from my M3, reset M3.updated firmware on 9" Display. Pairing to BT-TSLA always fails. I can pair to my phone and AA works as expected. I just have not been able to get the sound setup correctly.....

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue. Trying to attach to BT-TSLA does not work. Tried the usual troubleshooting- removed all BT devices from my M3, reset M3.updated firmware on 9" Display. Pairing to BT-TSLA always fails. I can pair to my phone and AA works as expected. I just have not been able to get the sound setup correctly.....
Sure. Firstly, you have to change the 9-inch system to Android Auto, which you can go to Settings ->System Settings ->Mobile Connection ->Choose A-Auto. Secondly, use your Android hotspots to connect the 9-inch dash and Tesla connect to BT-TSLA by Bluetooth . Then choose playing music or apps thought Bluetooth by your vehicle
Try this one, let me know if it work for you

Upvote 0
I am also having the same issues as other people. I can get Android Auto to connect but the sound always plays through the display instead of the car. The only way I can get the sound to play through the car is to connect the car to BT-TSLA but then steering wheel controls do not work and I have to change songs either using my phone or the Hansshow display. I've tested it with my iPhone and Car Play works seamlessly, no need to connect the car to BT-TSLA and audio plays through the car speakers. Any solution for this @Hansshow?

Upvote 0
I have confirmed the Hansshow unit is set to Android Auto under Settings -> System Settings -> Phone Connect

My Phone connects to the screen, and AA is displayed. When I got to my Tesla screen, I do a BT search and find the BT-TESLA and attempt to connect. It attempts to pair, and shows an access code that needs to be confirmed on the Hansshow screen, HOWEVER< the confirmation pairing code is NOT shown on the Hansshow screen. The confirmation dialog on the Tesla evenually times out, then goes into a cycle of trying to connect and failing.

Upvote 0
Exact same issue here as well. I own a 2020 Model 3 and my Android phone connects to the screen and the car pretty much seamlessly. My wife owns a 2022 Model Y, she has an iPhone and can use it as intended in her car but when I try to use my phone in her car I cannot for the life of me get it to play through the car speakers.

Upvote 0
I've been using the Model 3, Y Center Console Dashboard Touch Screen (Linux 9.0") successfully for several months in my 2020 M3LY, but after Tesla's recent software update 2023.38.6, BT-TSLA has disappeared from the Bluetooth device screen and Bluetooth can no longer find BT-TSLA in the Add New Device > Start Search screen.

I have updated the Hansshow Dashboard Touch Screen to the latest firmware version, and I've also verified that the Tesla can see and pair other Bluetooth devices. But it can no longer find BT-TSLA.

I've sent an email to @Hansshow in hopes that there's a fix so the Tesla can find BT-TSLA again.

Anybody else experience the same issue?

Upvote 0
I've been using the Model 3, Y Center Console Dashboard Touch Screen (Linux 9.0") successfully for several months in my 2020 M3LY, but after Tesla's recent software update 2023.38.6, BT-TSLA has disappeared from the Bluetooth device screen and Bluetooth can no longer find BT-TSLA in the Add New Device > Start Search screen.

I have updated the Hansshow Dashboard Touch Screen to the latest firmware version, and I've also verified that the Tesla can see and pair other Bluetooth devices. But it can no longer find BT-TSLA.

I've sent an email to @Hansshow in hopes that there's a fix so the Tesla can find BT-TSLA again.

Anybody else experience the same issue?
Hi there, we've looked into this query and finding new solutions. Will get in touch as soon as any updated. Thanks!!!

Upvote 0