Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow power frunk install in central ohio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you ever find someone? I’m desperate to find someone to install this on my new model y.
I ended up doing it myself.it took me 3 hours and some scratches to my arm but i was able to complete the installation..the video from tesbros really helped me..i highly suggest watching it if you decide to do it yourself..a couple of notes: the latch sensor is very fragile, when i did my install, mine broke..i patched it back in and everything works, but definitely wanted to be careful....also, take your time with adjusting the hood... it took me an hour to find the perfect setting...which can be frustating

So yeah..its definitely doable by yourself..no one in town appears to can/want to help when i ask, so might as well give it a try

Okay. My car was just pushed back another month! So frustrating. Which sensor broke? The kick sensor?
I will be driving to New England as soon as mine arrives. On the way I found a place in Pennsylvania that does it for $180

do You think it is worth the $180 install for the frunk, trunk kick sensor, and the frunk lighting install. Hansshow sells it as one kit now. I asked the tech if I could watch and he said I could. I want to come back and offer install services and try to earn some income helping other Tesla 3 and Y owners on the install. The tech said the S and X r a different beast.

$180?? Oh yeah that is definitely worth it...it saves you the aches and pains and that peace of mind knowing everything is done right...the frunk took around 3 hours..the kick sensor was about 1.5 hours..so $180/4.5 hours..that's around $40/hour..thats very fair!

I’m also looking for someone who does aftermarket installs in Columbus Ohio. I would like the power frunk, RGB in frunk, etc.

I guess I’m going to Esoteric for PPF and ceramic, I wish there was as many options as other places I see online to get competitive pricing and people to do the work.

I’m also looking for someone who does aftermarket installs in Columbus Ohio. I would like the power frunk, RGB in frunk, etc.

I guess I’m going to Esoteric for PPF and ceramic, I wish there was as many options as other places I see online to get competitive pricing and people to do the work.
I went to performance auto spa for my ppf...they did all my cars and price wise slightly better deal thsm Esoteric

I spoke to both Auto Performance and Esoteric, neither install the Hansshow frunk, kick sensor, nor RBG Light for frunk. I’m being trained when i go to PA for my Hansshow install, on way to my New England trip home. Once back in OH, if I am confident, I may begin offering my services for model Y installs only. This depends on how hard access is on the driver’s side. I noticed the PPF install price and some install details were slightly better at Esoteric. That‘s only because I saw a car done at both and I saw NOOOOO seams with Esoteric’s work. I’m open to hearing more if any of you have a different perspective.

Attachments

• DFDE03A5-C2A3-40B8-968A-CC56E009AB9A.jpeg
    DFDE03A5-C2A3-40B8-968A-CC56E009AB9A.jpeg
    703.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 5E46C614-38A6-4A5F-B0AB-7532360862FC.jpeg
    5E46C614-38A6-4A5F-B0AB-7532360862FC.jpeg
    612.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 8C1B7795-44F0-4F14-A05B-D2310B5DBFFE.png
    8C1B7795-44F0-4F14-A05B-D2310B5DBFFE.png
    901 KB · Views: 51
I spoke to both Auto Performance and Esoteric, neither install the Hansshow frunk, kick sensor, nor RBG Light for frunk. I’m being trained when i go to PA for my Hansshow install, on way to my New England trip home. Once back in OH, if I am confident, I may begin offering my services for model Y installs only. This depends on how hard access is on the driver’s side. I noticed the PPF install price and some install details were slightly better at Esoteric. That‘s only because I saw a car done at both and I saw NOOOOO seams with Esoteric’s work. I’m open to hearing more if any of you have a different perspective.
Have you decided to perform installations of the peer frunk and trunk?