Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anybody succeeded getting cabin camera videos from Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So some f***kers had smashed a Nitrous tank through my cars rear window, shattering the glass. Car was rented out at the time.

Police already know the perpetrators, but I would like to find out what really happened.. its not in sentry because there were people inside.

Has anybody succeeded getting cabin camera videos from Tesla? Where would I even ask? Data sharing was on.

Tesla has a page on data they collect and you can request, etc. Did you look at that?

====================================

About the Data Tesla Provides
When we collect data, we believe it’s important for you to know what we’re collecting and what it is used for. The data provided to you as part of your request may include information such as Tesla Account details, customer support activity, service history, and vehicle data. Tesla vehicles record operational and diagnostic data at regular intervals, and may transmit that data over-the-air to our servers. That data enables our Engineering and Service teams to assess vehicle health remotely and diagnose, and potentially proactively resolve your concerns.
Processed directly on vehicle by defaultShared with Tesla, but not associated with your accountShared with Tesla and associated with your account
Sentry Mode camera recordingsN/AN/A
Dashcam camera recordingsN/AN/A
Cabin camera dataIf opted in through Data SharingIf FSD Beta enabled and safety critical event occurs
Autopilot camera recordingsIf opted in through Data SharingIn the occurrence of a safety critical event only
Location dataIf opted in through Data SharingIn the occurrence of a safety critical event only
SpeedFor fleet analysis and improvementIn the occurrence of a safety critical event only
Voice commandsN/AN/A
Browsing historyN/AN/A
OdometerFor fleet analysis and improvementLast known value only, for warranty calculation
Charging dataIf third-party charging network usedIf Supercharger network used
Touchscreen interactionsN/A

Note that I doubt very seriously that "someone breaking my back window" = Critical safety event, but I guess it wouldnt hurt to ask.

Reactions: samppa
Tesla has a page on data they collect and you can request, etc. Did you look at that?

====================================

About the Data Tesla Provides
When we collect data, we believe it’s important for you to know what we’re collecting and what it is used for. The data provided to you as part of your request may include information such as Tesla Account details, customer support activity, service history, and vehicle data. Tesla vehicles record operational and diagnostic data at regular intervals, and may transmit that data over-the-air to our servers. That data enables our Engineering and Service teams to assess vehicle health remotely and diagnose, and potentially proactively resolve your concerns.
Processed directly on vehicle by defaultShared with Tesla, but not associated with your accountShared with Tesla and associated with your account
Sentry Mode camera recordingsN/AN/A
Dashcam camera recordingsN/AN/A
Cabin camera dataIf opted in through Data SharingIf FSD Beta enabled and safety critical event occurs
Autopilot camera recordingsIf opted in through Data SharingIn the occurrence of a safety critical event only
Location dataIf opted in through Data SharingIn the occurrence of a safety critical event only
SpeedFor fleet analysis and improvementIn the occurrence of a safety critical event only
Voice commandsN/AN/A
Browsing historyN/AN/A
OdometerFor fleet analysis and improvementLast known value only, for warranty calculation
Charging dataIf third-party charging network usedIf Supercharger network used
Touchscreen interactionsN/A

Note that I doubt very seriously that "someone breaking my back window" = Critical safety event, but I guess it wouldnt hurt to ask.

Thanks! I'll check that.
Well those guys had tried to get inside the car first, then driver started to drive away and they smashed the rear window. I'd say it's pretty critical..

Thanks! I'll check that.
Well those guys had tried to get inside the car first, then driver started to drive away and they smashed the rear window. I'd say it's pretty critical..

I believe that "critical safety event" likely refers to a vehicle crash, not Tesla withholding it because they dont think something is critical to you and you think its critical. According to that chart, unless FSD beta was enabled, AND there was a critical safety event, there is no data associated to your account (which means you will be out of luck). It doesnt hurt to ask, of course, but based on what Tesla puts out, it appears the answer would ne "im sorry we dont have any data on that".