Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone compile a list of things to check on the M3 at delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Google?

A must have Tesla Model 3 delivery checklist for every potential owner

LED inspection lamp. I don' t have any experience, but from what I have read, you won't get that much time to inspect on delivery.

Great find on the checklist. Thank you very mucH! I am confident that it will help many if they happen to stumble upon this thread. As far as the inspection and time allotted, I will explain, in the politest way possible, that I will be going through each bullet point on the checklist.

Reactions: Fireheart and navt
Niroc,

congrats on the new addition to the fam. what specs did you chose?

the biggest advise I can give you is - in order to do a proper inspection of the car, ask for some alone time, without the delivery rep hovering over you.

don't over-stress as the car is fantastic to drive, and almost everything is fixable at a later time; just log it with the rep for record.

Niroc,

congrats on the new addition to the fam. what specs did you chose?

the biggest advise I can give you is - in order to do a proper inspection of the car, ask for some alone time, without the delivery rep hovering over you.

don't over-stress as the car is fantastic to drive, and almost everything is fixable at a later time; just log it with the rep for record.

I did the sr + white with ap.

I have a small team that will help me with inspection. I will be checking paperwork and interface. Wife will be inspecting paint and tires for chips scratches and defects. Also she will inspect the inside. Neighbor will check panels, trim, windows; the exterior.

Normally, I wouldn’t go through this process in such detail but Tesla does have a history of quality build issues

• Funny
Reactions: Mr X and navt
I did the sr + white with ap.

I have a small team that will help me with inspection. I will be checking paperwork and interface. Wife will be inspecting paint and tires for chips scratches and defects. Also she will inspect the inside. Neighbor will check panels, trim, windows; the exterior.

Normally, I wouldn’t go through this process in such detail but Tesla does have a history of quality build issues
You’re turning up with the A-team. The acceptance team. All will be good.

I think that the above checklist is a bit extreme - perhaps limit it to the top of the list, before "Take a deep breath...". I read a comment elsewhere suggesting it's better to focus on things that could be blamed on you later - in other words scratches / dents, cracked glass etc. The point is that if some lights or bits of the sound system do not work, they cannot (reasonably) argue that you damaged it and it will be covered by warranty.