Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have a couple of questions on daily operations of car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) I currently have my garage door set to open and close with my homelink which works perfect. However whenever I choose to skip the closing of the garage door (for instance if I want to back car out of garage to wash it and do not want the garage door to close), it seems that the autoskip now becomes the new default option (i.e. it still has skip function engaged next day when backing car out, which I don't want). I would like to have it set for one time use only and then go back to default where auto open/close is on. The only workaround I see is to actually open the homelink settings, go to the location in question and then uncheck and then recheck auto open/close.

2) Is there a way on our slacker radio to have age inappropriate songs automatically not play? I have a 10 yr old girl and some songs have pretty explicit lyrics and find myself having to be constantly monitoring it when playing.

3) Has anyone found a way to have a notification on phone that you may have forgot to plug car in at night for daily charge (I have an android btw with only Tesla app on it)? I forgot to charge last night but luckily I feel I can today's commute with what I had left of battery without much of issue. But it would be nice to have a friendly reminder saying your car is not plugged in for night if it isn't.

Reactions: JPUConn
1) I currently have my garage door set to open and close with my homelink which works perfect. However whenever I choose to skip the closing of the garage door (for instance if I want to back car out of garage to wash it and do not want the garage door to close), it seems that the autoskip now becomes the new default option (i.e. it still has skip function engaged next day when backing car out, which I don't want). I would like to have it set for one time use only and then go back to default where auto open/close is on. The only workaround I see is to actually open the homelink settings, go to the location in question and then uncheck and then recheck auto open/close.

2) Is there a way on our slacker radio to have age inappropriate songs automatically not play? I have a 10 yr old girl and some songs have pretty explicit lyrics and find myself having to be constantly monitoring it when playing.

3) Has anyone found a way to have a notification on phone that you may have forgot to plug car in at night for daily charge (I have an android btw with only Tesla app on it)? I forgot to charge last night but luckily I feel I can today's commute with what I had left of battery without much of issue. But it would be nice to have a friendly reminder saying your car is not plugged in for night if it isn't.

1. No, but you could ask for artists whose genre wouldn't include inappropriate lyrics.
2. No
3. No, but it becomes habit pretty quickly just like plugging in your phone.

• Informative
Reactions: xrayvsn

For me, choosing to skip closing the garage door only skips it the one time. Try skipping it, deriving around the block and the see if your garage door operates when you get back home.

There are third party apps that can remind you to plug in your car. VisibleTesla is one of them. It requires you to run it all the time on a PC. I've only forgotten about one a year, so you might just try to establish the habit.

• Informative
Reactions: xrayvsn
@frebay Park in front of your garage and under Controls go to your Homelink name and press Reset Location. Make sure the Auto Open/Close checkboxes are checked. Then it should auto open/close 20 feet out. I think this answers your question.