Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have all door problems been solved on new deliveries yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took the same decision when upgrading my first S for an S (and ended up going for a family X anyway ;-)
But it's true from the various issues reported here that many iterations and bulletins and new parts are flying at SC's nowadays (seems we are already a 4th of 5th generation of latches for the doors), so they are keeping the Tesla spirit of constantly improving.

But it's true from the various issues reported here that many iterations and bulletins and new parts are flying at SC's nowadays (seems we are already a 4th of 5th generation of latches for the doors), so they are keeping the Tesla spirit of constantly improving.

Yep I love Tesla's spirit. People's memories are very short - we all seem to take Model S reliability for granted now but the forums used to be chock full of quality complaints about the sedan.

I think it is AMAZING that a car company brand new to mass production took only about 48 months to go from from the reliability toilet to reliability scores even Consumer Reports ranks as "excellent" on the 2016 Model S. I have no doubt Tesla will achieve the same reliability with the X - they seem to be improving it more rapidly than the original S was improved - and this despite the fact that the X is one of the most complex cars to build.

Reactions: 2virgule5