Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New model X rubbing sound from front driver wheel wind turning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New model X plaid makes a rubbing/dull noise (and vibration slightly) when turning sharply and especially If at a downhill angle. After a couple weeks it seems to have gotten better but is not quite gone.
I'm going to add some suspension tweaks so I need to get this figured out beforehand and would love to go in with the knowledge to point the service center in the right direction other than the get out of jail card of "WITHIN SPEC".
Any idea?
P.S. in case you are wondering why this hasn't been addressed with service yet, I made a service appointment for other reasons right after delivery and they refuse to let me add the issue at the time ;(
P.P.S. for bonus points that other service center visit was for a falcon wing door sensor that did not stop the door from opening up into my face. The sensor was replaced but the door still will open right into my face. It sometimes will detect larger objects though. Am I being unrealistic? With all this AI talk, has the Tesla become sentient and dislikes me?

New model X plaid makes a rubbing/dull noise (and vibration slightly) when turning sharply and especially If at a downhill angle. After a couple weeks it seems to have gotten better but is not quite gone.
I'm going to add some suspension tweaks so I need to get this figured out beforehand and would love to go in with the knowledge to point the service center in the right direction other than the get out of jail card of "WITHIN SPEC".
Any idea?
P.S. in case you are wondering why this hasn't been addressed with service yet, I made a service appointment for other reasons right after delivery and they refuse to let me add the issue at the time ;(
P.P.S. for bonus points that other service center visit was for a falcon wing door sensor that did not stop the door from opening up into my face. The sensor was replaced but the door still will open right into my face. It sometimes will detect larger objects though. Am I being unrealistic? With all this AI talk, has the Tesla become sentient and dislikes me?
I have similarnissues and they denied majority out right. I have had it only for less than 10 days and is with service for last two. The build quality is so bad for 92k car.