Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have to re- select audio every start up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not noticed this behavior, although most of the time I have my audio source set to Phone. But I did switch over to Slacker for a day or so and then back, and it's been working fine. What does your audio source get set to that you have to change it?

The somewhat recent (several months now) behavior I've noticed is that I used to be able to hit the area where the album art appears to bring up the audio source selection, but that no longer works. Now I have to raise the audio shade/window to the middle height to get the audio source selector menu to appear to change sources.

Used to be whatever I was listening to would start up again once I return to my car, be it Spotify or TuneIn.
Now I need to go to recently played and re-select….
Very minor but annoying.
I’ve done a soft reboot but that didn’t fix it.

I have found that if I don’t “surprise” my locked car by trying to open the door without the app or blu-tooth running and connected that the audio will almost always return to where it was.
To expand on this, I always turn on the climate in my car before heading out to it and because of this, my car always remembers where I was.

I shouldn't HAVE to do this, but it works.

• Informative
Reactions: AustinP