Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have VIN, so excited!!! Question regarding the App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am wondering how do you add another user—in this case my spouse—who’ll end up being the primary driver? Have vin, will be delivered next week…
Can add after taking possession of vehicle?

Thanks!!!

And today I installed the Wall Charger -not bad , cost less than $50. I have no idea how much electricians charge but am curious 🧐

Reactions: McRican
Yes, can add after taking possession of the vehicle. You just add an additional driver in the app.

Easiest way for that workflow to work properly is for your spouse to create their own tesla account using their desired email address. After you take delivery of the vehicle, you go into YOUR tesla app (the one which took delivery of the vehicle) then add the email address your spouse used to create a tesla account for their own app.

If I remember, it emails them a link to setup a tesla account, but if they already have one, it just opens the tesla app and the car will show up in there. I last did this in march of 2022 and am saying it from memory, but its pretty easy to do it that way.

• Informative
Reactions: Star K1tty
Yes, can add after taking possession of the vehicle. You just add an additional driver in the app.

Easiest way for that workflow to work properly is for your spouse to create their own tesla account using their desired email address. After you take delivery of the vehicle, you go into YOUR tesla app (the one which took delivery of the vehicle) then add the email address your spouse used to create a tesla account for their own app.

If I remember, it emails them a link to setup a tesla account, but if they already have one, it just opens the tesla app and the car will show up in there. I last did this in march of 2022 and am saying it from memory, but its pretty easy to do it that way.
Thanks so much!

Reactions: jjrandorin