Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Haven't picked up my YLR yet - which CPU?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AMD. Tesla haven’t used Intel in a while.

My wifes 2022 Model Y, which we purchased in March of 2022, came with AMD. I dont remember hearing any model Ys coming with intel after that date.

I also dont think thats what the OP is asking (even though thats what they said). They likely mean "am I getting hardware 3 or 4?" and I have not been following that at all so dont really know, but suspect that all new model Ys now are coming with HW4 (which is not intel vs amd).

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Thanks folks. I need to know because I'm ordering the TESERY 4.6'' Ultra Mini Screen Display and they ask you to specify which CPU the car has.

FWI, I'm getting this to replace the heads up display in my Venza( (which is AWESOME) , which I just sold to get the Tesla. On my test drives I was not comfortable with having to shift my eyes off the road and over to the screen for speed, signals, etc.

Plus, it's on sale for $100 less. To me, worth every penny.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
My wifes 2022 Model Y, which we purchased in March of 2022, came with AMD. I dont remember hearing any model Ys coming with intel after that date.

I also dont think thats what the OP is asking (even though thats what they said). They likely mean "am I getting hardware 3 or 4?" and I have not been following that at all so dont really know, but suspect that all new model Ys now are coming with HW4 (which is not intel vs amd).
Does that mean the TESERY 4.6'' Ultra Mini Screen Display won't work in my ordered YLR? They evidently expect either an AMD or Intel cpu.

Does that mean the TESERY 4.6'' Ultra Mini Screen Display won't work in my ordered YLR? They evidently expect either an AMD or Intel cpu.

I guessed wrong, and you were asking about what you said you were asking about (lol). It comes with AMD, which is what you were asking for this accessory purchase. That vendor is a sponsor here though so you can PM them if you have questions.