TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hawk HPS Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Doug_G, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Can anyone recommend part numbers for Hawk HPS brake pads, both front and back, that will fit a Roadster 2.0?

Thanks!

2. Roger Reid

Roger Reid Old but effective

I got my Hawk pads from Sector 111. I have since switched to Carbotech 6 compound for better cold bite when there is no time to warm your brakes.

Attached Files:

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Thanks Roger!

4. speedy99

speedy99 2.5 Roadster

How quiet are they? I am looking for a good *cold* pad that can bite better than the stock ones. Not for Auto-X or track, just plain old "stop at the end of the street" driving. (Given regen, they will never warm up on "normal" roads anyway.) I've used track pads on other cars, and would not be happy with the squeal on the Tesla - I like to be able to sneak up on people.

Any more detailed review of the Carbotech-6? (Assuming AX-6?) Other suggested pads? (Carbotech-1521 seems more "equivalent" to the Hawk HPS?) Where did you source them?

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I have Hawk HPS on my Infiniti G37, and I've yet to hear a peep out of them. They're definitely better than the stock pads, and so far there appears to be no downside at all.

A friend of mine has HP+ on his M5 and complains that they make quite a racket every morning.

Mind you the stock pads on my Roadster are often quite noisy for the first couple of stops.