Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HDMI Port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many aftermarket full screen head units can do this while the car is parked. I'd like to see this as a option at least.

If someone "modifies" their car to play video while driving, then tesla could hardly be considered at fault, right?

Would love to have that ability but doubt it will happen due to legal concerns. Tesla's systems aren't that easy to hack as far as I've read so it would be impressive to see someone add that in.
Would the model 3 being more general accessible, I think more people will attempt at hacking the car for curiosity. I mean think about the number of software engineers/developers that will be owners of this car will likely be very curious on what they else they can do to the car.

My Blackberry phone and Playbook have a micro HDMI output.

This is very practical, so you can display the screen on any computer or TV screen.
If you use a Bluetooth mouse or keyboard, you can make your phone handy like a laptop.

This is very useful when travelling to make a presentation during a meeting.
Also some hotel provide a TV with an HDMI plug, so you can watch your own movies
or YouTube movies on a big screen.

I wish other phones provide this capability too.

I noticed that most of the GPS LCD display for cars, provide an extra plug for external output,
in general used to connect a rear camera when doing backup, but its a yellow RCA plug.
However, you can easily find an HDMI to RCA plug.

This is very useful when travelling to make a presentation during a meeting.
Also some hotel provide a TV with an HDMI plug, so you can watch your own movies
or YouTube movies on a big screen.

I wish other phones provide this capability too.

I use the Lightning to HDMI adaptor (not really any different from using a micro HDMI to HDMI adaptor) whenever I want to connect my iPhone to a HDTV or a projector. Works great (also works with an iPad, I often use it to watch movies on hotel room HDTVs).

Not only that, but I use bluetooth (or even WiFi, though bluetooth is more convenient) to connect from my iPad to my iPhone to control the presentation. This lets me walk around without being tied to the projector.

Image the iPhone sends to the projector:
iPhone to Projector.jpg

What I see on the iPad while controlling the iPhone. Being able to see my Presenter Notes is very handy:
iPad controlling iPhone.jpg

My presentation's about writing homebrew games for the Atari 2600. You can check it out online if you're interested.

Look very handy! Thank for the tip.

btw, what the use of the second port, there is no information of apple web site?
Is it another Lightning port? can you daisy chain the Lightning,
or can you recharge your phone at the same time?
MD826_AV1

The second port's another lightning port that's optionally used to supply power to the iPhone/iPad. I don't normally use it when I'm giving a presentation as the iPhone's battery has no problem with driving a projector/TV for an hour. Last month we had a family gathering for a week in Wisconsin Dells and I used it to supply power to my iPad for a marathon showing of The Shannara Chronicles on the TV in the cabin. I'd started off with The Expanse, but while my nephews enjoyed the space scenes they got bored with the political aspects of the show.

I don't know if you can daisy chain other devices, or if it's just for power, as I don't have any other lightning adaptors.

This page has the instructions for having your iPhone/iPad remote control Keynote that's running on a Mac or on another iPad/iPhone.

• Informative
Reactions: King H