Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlight burnt?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed this earlier today. Looks like a small section is burnt/dead? Is this normal or should I get it replaced (still under warranty).

IMG_3113 copy.jpg

Absolutely get it replaced - the burnt out area will just continue to get bigger as the soldered joints continue to deteriorate and the customer pay cost after the warranty has expired is huge. Tesla has replaced a ton of them under warranty and probably next to none as customer pay. I noticed that the replacements in my car were the exact same part number although I believe they were made by Varroc in Romania instead of Mexico so maybe I will have better luck with them. It's telling that lights are excluded from the Extended Service Agreement - Tesla knows they will fail.

Last edited:
Reactions: komrade
Absolutely get it replaced - the burnt out area will just continue to get bigger as the soldered joints continue to deteriorate and the customer pay cost after the warranty has expired is huge. Tesla has replaced a ton of them under warranty and probably next to none as customer pay. I noticed that the replacements in my car were the exact same part number although I believe they were made by Varroc in Romania instead of Mexico so maybe they are improved. It's telling that lights are excluded from the Extended Service Agreement - Tesla knows they will fail.
Good point. The headlights were actually replaced in late 2021 under warranty and the part# were: 1053571-00- F, 1053570-00- G. Are they replacing it with the same part# or is there a revision?