Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model S. Condensation in both of my headlights, Tesla refuse to replace them.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla probably feels that the owner, by installing untested, 3rd party accessories (perhaps not the best word) may be complicit and the cause of the complaint. No way to know for sure, without Tesla doing expensive time consuming research and testing of this product.

Reasoning seems solid from both parties.
They can feel anything they want but common sense is going to tell most of us that a thin layer of PPF isn’t going to cause condensation, unless a vent hole is covered somewhere. Unless the problem is widespread and confined to those with PPF, they don’t need to do research. They just need to think a little bit. I don’t think the PPF is causing the fogging, I think the PPF is an excuse to not to fix/replace the lights.

There are a lot of cars with the PPF on the headlights, including mine. So why aren’t all of them fogging?

Reactions: drunkenbuda
Amazing how low Tesla will go. Basically they are voiding your headlight warranty because of PPF. Mind blow!

They are definitely being ridiculous. If you never get anywhere with them, you can have it fixed by removing the headlights and resealing the seam on the top with silicone.

With the amount of moisture you have in those headlights, water is definitely getting in from the top.