Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlight cover scratch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - new to the forum and excited to be a part of it. Has anyone seen a scratch like this on their Model 3 headlights? I recently took delivery of my Model 3 and drives like a dream. Drove about 250 mikes, and noticed this scratch on my driver side headlight cover. Does this look like impact damage to you? If you had something like this, any luck getting Tesla service to take care of it under warranty?The scratch is in an unusual pattern. Been driving on paved roads and I didn’t hear anything strike/impact the vehicle.

949BDDB4-DB6E-48C9-AFF7-0C89D985D171.jpeg

DB006E9E-89DA-4BD2-AE20-D1B0D69AF99F.jpeg

Hi all - new to the forum and excited to be a part of it. Has anyone seen a scratch like this on their Model 3 headlights? I recently took delivery of my Model 3 and drives like a dream. Drove about 250 mikes, and noticed this scratch on my driver side headlight cover. Does this look like impact damage to you? If you had something like this, any luck getting Tesla service to take care of it under warranty?The scratch is in an unusual pattern. Been driving on paved roads and I didn’t hear anything strike/impact the vehicle.

View attachment 707694

View attachment 707693
I just noticed a similar scratch on the passenger side headlight cover of my M3. It doesn't look like it could have been caused by a debris impact. As someone else speculated, it was probably a factory defect, but unfortunately, I didn't catch it during delivery, about 4 weeks ago. I'm going to try to attach a photo.
IMG_3700.jpeg

Upvote 0
Looks really similar to what I had. I contacted Tesla and they replaced my headlight free of charge. I noticed the problem after driving about 200 miles; service tech couldn’t speculate on what caused the defect but I’d guess it was either a factory defect, damage handling the part in the factory or damage during unloading the vehicle off the delivery truck.

Upvote 0
Looks really similar to what I had. I contacted Tesla and they replaced my headlight free of charge. I noticed the problem after driving about 200 miles; service tech couldn’t speculate on what caused the defect but I’d guess it was either a factory defect, damage handling the part in the factory or damage during unloading the vehicle off the delivery truck.
Thanks for the reply. I hope I’ll be able to get Tesla to replace it also. Even with the scratch it’s a great car!

Upvote 0