Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headrest Squeaks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I isolated the squeaks in my 2021 MYLR to the metal bars in the backseat headrests (removed headrests to confirm). Another thread suggested using special silicone grease on the metal bars… which I applied. It did reduce the squeaks… but an occasional squeak will be emitted on a road bump. Has anyone found a better fix short of removing the headrests?

Reactions: whisperingshad
So I isolated the squeaks in my 2021 MYLR to the metal bars in the backseat headrests (removed headrests to confirm). Another thread suggested using special silicone grease on the metal bars… which I applied. It did reduce the squeaks… but an occasional squeak will be emitted on a road bump. Has anyone found a better fix short of removing the headrests?
Update Nov 26, 2021. Silicone grease didn’t fix the squeaks… reduced them for a few weeks… didn’t eliminate them. So I bought special squeak reduction tape and wrapped the metal bars completely and forced the headrests back into position. Worked for a day. I think I’d need to remove back seat seat backs to investigate further. I suspect it’s the piece near the headrest that locks the headrest. Can’t be sure… very annoyed to still hear these squeaks whenever I hit a bump.

Upvote 0