Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated Seats via App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Turning on the heated seats via my iOS app seems to be inconsistent. Most of the time if I turn on say three of the seats via the app, when I go out to the car they aren't on at all. Other times it seems to work, and sometimes just the driver seat is on.

Any tips on this, or is this just the way it is for the moment?

Thanks!

I could be wrong, but my experience is that the moment you start the car, which seats are on revert back to which seats were on the last time the car was in use. So while when the car was off, the selected seats may have been on, but when you turn the car on, they may appear to be off.

How are you determining which seats are "on" when you go out to the car? By touch or by looking at the display?

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
I could be wrong, but my experience is that the moment you start the car, which seats are on revert back to which seats were on the last time the car was in use.
That's pretty close, but it's actually decided by user profile.

Example: The last time I used the car (using my driver profile) I left the seat heaters off. However, the last time my Wife drove the car, she left them on. And let's say that she was the last one to drive the car. If I go out to the car and "start" it using my phone (which tells the car to load my profile) the seat heaters will be off. But if my Wife goes out to the car, and her phone tells the car to load her profile, the seat heaters will be on.

The AC settings are saved per user profile, too.

I'll do some more investigating and see if I can figure out exactly what it's doing.

This afternoon it worked as I expected. The seat heaters were off when I exited the car. I turned on climate and the front seat heaters via the app. When I entered the car and they were on according to the display, and they were hot. After hitting the brake and it recalled my profile, they were still on.

One thing I forgot to mention... if you use Easy Entry, it can confuse things a bit. Easy Entry is actually its own user profile, and will save whatever seat heater, AC settings, etc. to its profile if you make those changes while it is the active profile.

After Easy Entry has done it's thing, and it loads the correct driver profile, the AC, seat heater, mirror positions, etc., the associated systems will update to the settings last saved for that driver profile.

Reactions: Gasaraki
Isn't 'easy entry' the feature that just slides the seat rearward so 'larger' people can enter the car easier??? My wife doesn't like that the car doesn't adjust the profile to the phone detected, but apparently it's not possible. It's not a big deal, but maybe that can be changed with 'easy entry', without the seat moving rearward every time? There's so much information that I forgot about what I read. Ha ha. Will have to read the manual probably at least twice more, as we become more knowledgeable with the car.

Isn't 'easy entry' the feature that just slides the seat rearward so 'larger' people can enter the car easier??? My wife doesn't like that the car doesn't adjust the profile to the phone detected, but apparently it's not possible. It's not a big deal, but maybe that can be changed with 'easy entry', without the seat moving rearward every time? There's so much information that I forgot about what I read. Ha ha. Will have to read the manual probably at least twice more, as we become more knowledgeable with the car.

Why does you car not function the same way as EVERYONE else's on this forum? Literally for everything.

The profile DOES change based on the phone detected. If your wife doesn't like the 'easy entry', don't turn it on? You don't like the seat moving rearward in easy entry? Set them to whatever you like. I don't know why this is so hard.