Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated seats when pre-conditioning

I have my 2021 M3LR set to precondition before I leave in the AM and for when I leave work in the PM. This works well for cabin temp but I have noticed heated seats don't turn on till I get in the car. If I remember before I leave I can go into app first turn off climate and then turn on again and then it turns on seats if that's how I had it last set or I just turn it on manually. Am I missing something with the preconditioning not doing it automatically or that's just how it works?

I have the same situation: I need to remember to turn off climate and turn it back on to have seat heaters turn on. I leave my seat heaters on when I leave the car - they don’t turn on with preconditioning but, when I turn climate off then on, they are where I last left them.

Maybe there is a different trick to get them on with preconditioning? I haven’t tried setting preconditioning on the car screen yet.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC