Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preconditioning schedule

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgive me if this is in the incorrect group, but I have some confusion in regards to pre-conditioning my battery for the winter months. I've had my Model Y for about 6 weeks now, and I'm trying to set up a schedule so the car only preconditions itself on days I go into the office. I go into the office Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays. I don't want the car to precondition every day, because that means it's using 5-10% (from my observations) of it's charge every day in the winter to warm up the battery. Even being plugged in at home, that's 5-10% I have to recharge for no real purpose.

I've tried setting up automations in both Teslafi and now Tessie apps, so it starts the climate / pre-conditions on my work days, starting at 5 am. I leave for work around 5:45. When I use the automations, it doesn't seem to get my battery precondtioned, only warms the cabin. I have about a 50 minute commute, and for instance this morning it was 31° F outside, and my vehicle was in the garage all night, plugged in, and I had the regen braking warning on my display my whole commute. If I just enable preconditioning through the standard controls for 5:45 departure, I don't have the regen warning on my display.

Is there another way to do this through the apps and automation, so I'm not wasting energy 4 days a week that I'm not commuting to work?

Forgive me if this is in the incorrect group, but I have some confusion in regards to pre-conditioning my battery for the winter months. I've had my Model Y for about 6 weeks now, and I'm trying to set up a schedule so the car only preconditions itself on days I go into the office. I go into the office Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays. I don't want the car to precondition every day, because that means it's using 5-10% (from my observations) of it's charge every day in the winter to warm up the battery. Even being plugged in at home, that's 5-10% I have to recharge for no real purpose.

I've tried setting up automations in both Teslafi and now Tessie apps, so it starts the climate / pre-conditions on my work days, starting at 5 am. I leave for work around 5:45. When I use the automations, it doesn't seem to get my battery precondtioned, only warms the cabin. I have about a 50 minute commute, and for instance this morning it was 31° F outside, and my vehicle was in the garage all night, plugged in, and I had the regen braking warning on my display my whole commute. If I just enable preconditioning through the standard controls for 5:45 departure, I don't have the regen warning on my display.

Is there another way to do this through the apps and automation, so I'm not wasting energy 4 days a week that I'm not commuting to work?
If you have an iPhone (can probably do it with Android too) you can use the Shortcuts app to create an automation. I've got mine set to the following:
1708991094671.png

1708991073561.png