Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated steering wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

coleAK

Oct 23, 2018
Alaska
So I got an update last night. In the notes said that it “activates the heated steering wheel if equipped”. This is the first time I’ve seen mention of a heated steering wheel in anything related to the model 3. Anyone have any idea how to tell if your car has it equipped? Has anyone been able to activated it?

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
So I got an update last night. In the notes said that it “activates the heated steering wheel if equipped”. This is the first time I’ve seen mention of a heated steering wheel in anything related to the model 3. Anyone have any idea how to tell if your car has it equipped? Has anyone been able to activated it?
Only if you upgrade to a Model S or X. ;)

The release notes apply for all Tesla models, so it's basically saying if your car has the heated steering wheel hardware, then you can turn it on with the app. No Model 3s have the heated steering wheel hardware, so it's not applicable.

Reactions: C141medic
Th

They’re simply referring to model S and X, which do have the option.

Only if you upgrade to a Model S or X. ;)

The release notes apply for all Tesla models, so it's basically saying if your car has the heated steering wheel hardware, then you can turn it on with the app. No Model 3s have the heated steering wheel hardware, so it's not applicable.
Thanks. I wasn’t sure since it never mentioned rear heated seats but they showed up with a update.

Reactions: outdoors
I can't wait to see the non premium option so I know the difference. I feel like I'm not getting enough premium for paying 5k
For the $5,000, you're getting the "premium" of having an actual Model 3 in your possession. Contrast this with the current non-existence of any non-premium Model 3s (and with no firm dates on when they will actually become available). ;)