Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Legality of the after-market yokes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see some people love, some people hate the yoke, So I am thinking of just trying to see if it's for me.
However, I am curious about legality of it.
I know people change their steering wheels all the time in other cars, but they are almost always round wheels, and not a lot of people can really tell it's after-market at a first glance so it might not be as big of a deal.
I can see it being different from state to state, so if you know anything specific, I am mostly interested in NY/NJ/CT area.
Has anyone been pulled over with it? Has anyone got in an accident and had trouble with insurance over it?

“In Australia likely illegal but noone cares about anything here as long as you arent exceeding the speed limit.”
Mad Max?

Australia is weird because they have similar regulations to europe but generally dont enforce anything except for exceeding the speed limit - and they do so very strictly. no such thing as like driving 150 in a 110 like in the uk etc...
People drive similar to the USA i.e. lanehog, swerve, play on their phone, fit unsafe aftermarket parts, drive unsafe cars, tailgate, poor lane dicipline, undertake (legal in australia), dont get inspections, drive on bald tires, dont keep to the left, dont keep to the far left (legal), block lanes, dont merge properly. its a miracle the accident rates arent as high as in the usa. I attribute this largely to the relatively low speeds in comparison...
I.e. many australians dont seem to drive faster than 90km/h.

Last edited: