Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heater Not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MS heater stopped working, It is very cold in side the car, I tried to heat the car up to 30 minutes while it is pulgged in , does not work. Heated seat and steering wheel work but nothing else, I did not get any error messages, I tried to hard reboot with holding the steering wheel but did not fix the problem
Tesla Service center quoting 2500 for repair , any input

2017 Model S75.......115K miles........My heat just stopped working the next day after the technician fixed my window regulator on the passenger side door. $1400 to fix the heater PTC and 2 x 40 Amp Fuses. Was it coincidence or did they mess something up?

It seems really difficult to connect fixing one with breaking the other. There was a post yesterday about a heater not working after the latest update. It was explained that the heater problems may have been flagged by new additional logging of heater issues in the update, and that the errors were likely there before the update, but now causing an operational problem.

My MS heater stopped working, It is very cold in side the car, I tried to heat the car up to 30 minutes while it is pulgged in , does not work. Heated seat and steering wheel work but nothing else, I did not get any error messages, I tried to hard reboot with holding the steering wheel but did not fix the problem
Tesla Service center quoting 2500 for repair , any input
Have the same problem - same quote $2500 - told them I couldn't afford the repair - Tesla's response - ok but you will have to pay the $200 diagnostic fee again if you don't fix today...

It‘s odd, they do send you an estimate, which is PDF document that requires you as a owner to load this file and sign it. What is seen on the app, in the service section?
I went in last year with same symptoms, although my car was stranded. Service did changed that estimate three times (so fourth was final) as they worked on the car to determine what was needed to fix. It was battery heater that had internal fault and non other parts involved.