Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Monterey 2012 P85 Sig #70

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TwistedGray

Ludicrous > Ludacris
Mar 12, 2021
Monterey Bay, CA
Hello all,

After swapping hands a few times, I've landed on a 2012 Signature P85 #70 owned previously by @dadaleus and @BrendanC and then another guy a few months before me. Funny enough, ha ha, the guy I scooped it up from was kind enough to shell out $20,000+ for a new 90kWh battery, and a handful of odds and ends.

This is my first electric car and subsequently my first Telsa, and boy oh boy is this a hoot to drive.

In other news, I have my first service call on Wednesday for a jammed sunroof; it's off the rail, stuck open. That should be a fun visit ($$$)...let this be a notice to lube/grease your rails folks. The rails in this thing are disgusting, gritty, and dry as ... without lubrication, there is nothing but friction; it shows. Anyways, frustration aside it's a blast!

-Thomas from Monterey Bay

After swapping hands a few times, I've landed on a 2012 Signature P85 #70 owned previously by @dadaleus and @BrendanC and then another guy a few months before me. Funny enough, ha ha, the guy I scooped it up from was kind enough to shell out $20,000+ for a new 90kWh battery, and a handful of odds and ends.

This is my first electric car and subsequently my first Telsa, and boy oh boy is this a hoot to drive.

In other news, I have my first service call on Wednesday for a jammed sunroof; it's off the rail, stuck open. That should be a fun visit ($$$)...let this be a notice to lube/grease your rails folks. The rails in this thing are disgusting, gritty, and dry as ... without lubrication, there is nothing but friction; it shows. Anyways, frustration aside it's a blast!

Welcome to TMC! That's pretty awesome that you have the history of your car. And a Signature P85 is something special. Hope you get the pano roof fixed soon!

Bruce.