Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Tochigi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Just picked up my 85D yesterday from Yokohama and drove her home last night. Ran the autopilot from the end of the Yamate tunnel all the way up the Tokoku to my exit. It took a bit of getting used to after driving for over 40 years, but I have to say I was totally relaxed by the time I got here. Easiest run I have ever made.

Had cars pull in front of me and between me and the vehicle ahead. The first time I had my foot over the brake and wheel until I felt the car gently back off. As soon as the car was clear she sped right up. Amazing technology.

Only thing lacking is a supercharger closer to me, luckily I have a ChaDeMo nearby and one at my office as the company president drives a P85+ sig edition.

Anyone else in northern Tokyo or further north?

Jim

Hi, Jim, congrats on getting your new Tesla! There are a lot of owners in Karuizawa, Fukushima and in Hokkaido as well. I also agree that a Supercharger in Nasu, Tochigi is great for you and also us who live in Tokyo. Nasu is almost exactly in between Tokyo and Sendai Supercharger as well.