Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello! New & advice needed ☺️

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey so as the title says.

I’ve been admiring Tesla’s for a good couple of months now, and decided to look into leasing one unfortunately I don’t work for the NHS

I’ve looked round at prices I can’t seem to see any super good prices. I’ve attached the one I’ve found, just wondering if anyone has seen better deals?

I’ve read a few ‘tips’ on here like getting the referral code etc.
So I don’t think I need help there

Attachments

• 8E2C01BC-06B4-45ED-A9EB-3302E1CCC81F.jpeg
    8E2C01BC-06B4-45ED-A9EB-3302E1CCC81F.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 68
Hello and welcome to TMC

Could you please provide some more info on that deal please?

Model SR+, LR or Performance?
Mile per annum
Length of deal?

You should be able to find out what deals from others on here then :)

I'm Leasing a SR+, 4 years, 25k/yr and pay £535 a month with 6m deposit. I have had mine since Aug 2019

• Helpful
Reactions: Soua and Roy W.
Hey thanks for the welcome :)

Tesla
Personal Car Lease

Model 3 Saloon
Standard Plus 4dr Auto

Contract TypePersonal

Contract Length4 Year Lease

Annual Mileage8,000

Initial Rental1 Monthly Rentals

Monthly Maintenance PackageNo

Reactions: davidmc
As @davidmc stated, provide a few more details and you will no doubt get alot of comments etc

Also to add in any optional extras selected I.e paid for paint, wheel upgrade etc, as 100% cost of these options just get added on to the lease cost (or when I leased they did)

I expect to do 20k+ miles per year but took out a 10kper year lease as the additional mileage costs will be cheaper than the additional lease cost.

I used OctopusEV who were very good. Plus as I ha e also signed up for octopus GO I got 8,000 free miles plus used referral codes etc.

Let me know if you need any referrals for octopus ev or octopus go or Tesla referral scheme.

Reactions: davidmc
Hey thanks for the welcome :)

Tesla
Personal Car Lease

Model 3 Saloon
Standard Plus 4dr Auto

Contract TypePersonal

Contract Length4 Year Lease

Annual Mileage8,000

Initial Rental1 Monthly Rentals

Monthly Maintenance PackageNo
Sorry busy typing response and missed your update.

Looks fairly pricey.

Try octopus ev

Mines
White SR+
Black interior
No extras
3yrs
£480/mth for 10k per year
1month up front

Additional mileage for me works out about another £50/mth for another 10k per year miles.

I can dig out contact if you want as the guy who I leased with seemed very helpful

Last edited:
Sorry busy typing response and missed your update.

Looks fairly pricey.

Try octopus ev

Mines
White SR+
Black interior
No extras
3yrs
£480/mth for 10k per year

Additional mileage for me works out about another £50/mth for another 10k per year miles.

Ooh fab! I’m not looking for any extras and that sounds like an amazing price so I’ll have a nosey on there thank you!

That's not a bad price. But maybe have a think about whether leasing or PCP is the way forward for you. Every circumstance is different and you may find that you get a better price doing one thing but it all depends on you and what you want to achieve at the end of the lease.

Also, everyone - including me ;) - will offer you their referral code for the freebie miles that you and the referrer will get if you order via their link. Pick one at random but make sure to thank them if you used their code.

I wouldn’t do pcp because I don’t want to be paying maintenance costs afterwards but I will of course look at both.

Wise not to write it off. With leasing you don't necessarily have any equity in the car so potentially, at the end of your lease, you'd be walking away with nothing. If that suits you and your situation, then fine. PCP, gives you the option of being able to do a number of things at the end of your lease.

That’s one thing I’m definitely going to be asking about, we have a charger in our works car park which is giving me hope

I get mileage paid through work so I’m not sure how that would work with having an electric car.

Yes worth looking at other options. I leased due to the mileage I cover. as didn't know what the demand would be if I wanted to sell a high mileage model 3, as I was (am) new to ev, and I would be sceptical about buying a high mileager...

Not hijacking the thread, but how come you're in Leicester tomorrow? Just being nosy - I live there!
Collecting a narrowboat (i can't work from home as my truck won't fit in the lounge)

@S4ra Model 3 servicing costs are virtually non-existant other than changing the brake fluid when needed which could be 4 years or more, also the cabin filter when needed. The battery coolant has been changed to 'life of car' although i will get mine done in 6 years or so as i intend to keep the car until it dies.

I probably do 10k a year, so if I were to pcp I wouldn’t want to buy still paying for a car with mileage that I’m going to constantly increase.

Sorry if that makes absolutely no sense! I’m getting tired and it’s another day of working from home tomorrow