Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

help about color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I have been following the forum and learning a lot from it. thanks for all the info you provide.
I already placed an order for 70D with Pano roof, next Gen tan seats. My order will be confirmed tomorrow at midnight. I am planning to get T Sportline Grey wheels (19inch). I am still having difficulty deciding on colors. I am torn between black and the Midnight Grey colors. I know this is a personal decision. I like both of them and I like to hear your opinion especially on how the black been holding up and how difficult to maintain. I usually take excellent care of my cars, always garaged and keep them clean. I usually do not like to pay extra for colors but I am considering it for the Midnight Grey. any thoughts?
Thanks
alex

Like you I always take great care of my vehicles (garage them and clean them weekly). I've always owned black vehicles, it's just a preference of mine. To me they just look better when clean than any other colored cars. I can't speak specifically to the tesla's in black as my obsidian black 85D hasn't arrived yet (I'm due for late June delivery), but I just think black looks best. Obviously a personal preference thing but if you take care of your cars and clean them regularly, black is the way to go in my opinion

Black looks awesome but you will need to spend the time (or $$$) to have it maintained constantly. With normal washing you will end up with swirl marks on clearcoat which becomes more visible under the sun. After my last black car experience I've been avoiding it on all future purchases. Right now the two cars in our family is dark blue and Midnight Metallic Silver (Grey). Both have that black look at night, yet are much easier to maintain. I also like that they "change" color with different type of lights.

We are particularily fond of the midnight metallic silver greay color. Our last 2 cars before the MS are all similar color and all of them looked awesome.

By the way if you haven't done so, check with the local Tesla showroom / SC to see if they have the two colors in stock so you can see them in person. Picture never do justice to the actual look of those colors.

I have a black 85D with black interior. When i picked up my car there was a grey car parked next to mine with the new grey paint. if I had to do it over I would have ordered the grey instead of the black.

Hi guys, I have been following the forum and learning a lot from it. thanks for all the info you provide.
I already placed an order for 70D with Pano roof, next Gen tan seats. My order will be confirmed tomorrow at midnight. I am planning to get T Sportline Grey wheels (19inch). I am still having difficulty deciding on colors. I am torn between black and the Midnight Grey colors. I know this is a personal decision. I like both of them and I like to hear your opinion especially on how the black been holding up and how difficult to maintain. I usually take excellent care of my cars, always garaged and keep them clean. I usually do not like to pay extra for colors but I am considering it for the Midnight Grey. any thoughts?
Thanks
alex

Thank you guys for your comments. I went to Tesla in DC and saw both Metallic Silver and Black side by side. I think both are beautiful but the Metallic Silver is very unique and beautiful and easier to maintain so I chose the Metallic Silver.
My order now is confirmed as follow:
70D
Metallic Silver
Pano roof
Tan next Gen seats
Piano black
White Alcantera

I will be getting the TSportline grey 19inch wheels. Any of you have them on the new Metallic Silver and how do you like them?
Thanks again