Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x color

What's your favorite

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone!
I'm not sure if this have been discussed since Introduction of the new ultra red color.
Anyways, I just ordered a new model x. My wife, kids and myself all prefer/ like different color. So, I have decided to creat a poll here to assist me and possibly some other persons.
What's your best exterior color:

Ultra red
Grey
White
Blue
Black

Hello everyone!
I'm not sure if this have been discussed since Introduction of the new ultra red color.
Anyways, I just ordered a new model x. My wife, kids and myself all prefer/ like different color. So, I have decided to creat a poll here to assist me and possibly some other persons.
What's your best exterior color:

Ultra red
Grey
White
Blue
Black
Been bouncing back and forth between Ultra Red and MSM; I test drove an Ultra Red just before ordering my MXP, really loved it but now wondering if I’ll feel the same way about it a year+ from now, especially because I’ve never owned a red car before lol.

Personally I have all white cars. In the long run I feel this will show the least amount of wear. I have a 11 year old BMW in white and it still looks perfect. The white on the X compliments the new black trim really well. The black color choice will hide all of the new black trim, so it may look either very sleek or boring. Plus the swirl marks will shine on the black. Depends on the person. The red is BEAUTIFUL and an eye catcher, that can be good or bad? I never was a fan of the blue or grey on the X. I feel they do not make the X look aggressive. Again these are my personal opinions/choices and do not want to make people feel their color choice is a mistake.

Reactions: RyanC1384
Black everything. I'm a big fan of the Darth Vader look.

Yes it's more maintenance, but dang.

1696787729193.png

(not mine)

Speaking of blacking out, someone decided to sharpie a letter on my model Y yesterday. bizzare...

1696787969012.png

Last edited:
Ultra Red has only been running since about March of this year.

Each quarter for many years now Tesla sells only about 15-25K of Model S/X combined each quarter.

So in the grand scheme of things UR will still be rare among all Tesla's on the road considering the "free" color sale won't last and will likely go back to a $3k option soon and the MAJORITY of Tesla's on the road will always be 3/Y's anyways.

Reactions: SunnySideUp
You already ordered, which color did you choose? I understand the poll, it can say which color is popular out in the world right now. But you see, all colors have been picked, so they're all good colors. How 'bout a poll in your household to see which is popular amongst your own people. If there's a tie, you could play some sort of game to make final choice. Family bonding, good stuff.

You already ordered, which color did you choose? I understand the poll, it can say which color is popular out in the world right now. But you see, all colors have been picked, so they're all good colors. How 'bout a poll in your household to see which is popular amongst your own people. If there's a tie, you could play some sort of game to make final choice. Family bonding, good stuff.
Ordered Ultra red but still have time to change. I have a white MS and wouldn'twant anotherwhite cos its very very common tesla on the road. Also like grey which Wife dislikes. I don't mind red, blue or black hence the poll.

Ordered Ultra red but still have time to change. I have a white MS and wouldn'twant anotherwhite cos its very very common tesla on the road. Also like grey which Wife dislikes. I don't mind red, blue or black hence the poll.
Get your wife on here. I wanna know what she likes. What about the kids? Forget the pole from strangers. But ... sounds like you're gonna make the decision yourself, so why pretend and string the kids and wife along. As Biden would say, "come on man". Sorry, just teasing.

Last edited:
Been bouncing back and forth between Ultra Red and MSM; I test drove an Ultra Red just before ordering my MXP, really loved it but now wondering if I’ll feel the same way about it a year+ from now, especially because I’ve never owned a red car before lol.
My order updated last night, have a closer window now (16 Oct - 6 Nov). Currently have MSM for my build but probably have to make a hard decision between that or Ultra Red...as I mentioned in my post, I've seen it up close/in person and it's sweeeet but seems those close to me can't see me driving that color and think MSM is better...decisions, decisions lol.

Reactions: zoomer0056
My order updated last night, have a closer window now (16 Oct - 6 Nov). Currently have MSM for my build but probably have to make a hard decision between that or Ultra Red...as I mentioned in my post, I've seen it up close/in person and it's sweeeet but seems those close to me can't see me driving that color and think MSM is better...decisions, decisions lol.
MSM was my favorite until recently. i will not get a MSM becos my spouse hates it and its now the free color for model 3 & Y so will soon be very common on the road. I am now going to either change to black or keep the ultra red

Reactions: DefenderX