Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Buying Model 3 Performance from Out of State

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, I’m new to the forum. I’m located in Dallas, Texas, and I put a deposit down on a model 3 performance. The car resides with an Audi dealer in Rocklin, California, and I’m planning on having it delivered by a carrier. However, the dealer has informed me that I will not be getting a temporary license/ registration, and rather I would have to go to my local DMV to acquire one. I was wondering if any one on this forum had a similar experience buying a car out of state and brining to Texas. This is my first time buying a car out of state, and any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks for sharing. The issue is I’m actually getting it financed, and the sales taxed will be rolled in. I won’t have possession of the title, and as far as I was told it would be sent directly to my local DMV which may take 30-90 days to be processed till I can actually register the car to get permanent plates. That is my main concern I don’t want to get stuck with a car for 1-3 months with no temp plates because this car will be my only transportation.