Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help finding cheap MYP 19 inch wheels/tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am new to teslas and to the forum. Can you please help me deciding cheapest option to replace MYP 21 inch wheels/tires with 19 inch.

Is its cheaper to buy a set of gemini 19 wheels/tires or an aftermarket one (wheel and tire set).

Please advise.

I am new to teslas and to the forum. Can you please help me deciding cheapest option to replace MYP 21 inch wheels/tires with 19 inch.

Is its cheaper to buy a set of gemini 19 wheels/tires or an aftermarket one (wheel and tire set).

Please advise.
I mostly depends on what you're looking for and where you shop. The 19" Geminis that come from Tesla's shop's only comes with winter tires for $2.5k. They don't offer wheel only. So, if you want to use these outside of winter, you'd have to get them unmounted and then mount some other tires.

Where as the package I created at TireRack is $2.7k, has Enkei PX-10 wheels paired with Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus tires (god, what a long name). The advantage here is that the wheel isn't as wide as Tesla's, so there's a bit more cushion from the tires before I get curb rash. And of course, I get to use the tires all year. TR has plenty of other options for wheels and tires, so you could find something cheaper or more expensive.

There's also plenty of other choice shops too... TSportline (more expensive), Discount Tires (cheaper?), etc. Ya gotta google to find what you want.

I mostly depends on what you're looking for and where you shop. The 19" Geminis that come from Tesla's shop's only comes with winter tires for $2.5k. They don't offer wheel only. So, if you want to use these outside of winter, you'd have to get them unmounted and then mount some other tires.

Where as the package I created at TireRack is $2.7k, has Enkei PX-10 wheels paired with Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus tires (god, what a long name). The advantage here is that the wheel isn't as wide as Tesla's, so there's a bit more cushion from the tires before I get curb rash. And of course, I get to use the tires all year. TR has plenty of other options for wheels and tires, so you could find something cheaper or more expensive.

There's also plenty of other choice shops too... TSportline (more expensive), Discount Tires (cheaper?), etc. Ya gotta google to find what you want.
Thanks. I am leaning towards buying a gemini set with low mileage and sell off the 21 ubs here on the market place or fb. Missed few gemini wheel/tire sets for sale on facebook market place for around $1200 with few hundred miles.

Why would you buy a MYP and then be looking for the cheapest wheels to put on it?
Must have realized the low range afterwards or didn’t like the ride quality. Tesla Dealership does not let you demo the MYP only MYLR they have.

Mate, go to Apex race part . Com , you can get a 18 or 19 inche flow forged wheel for less than 400 a piece and weight about 23 lbs, all you needs is tires and tpms( $100) Amazon for 433 mhz is what you need. I have new MYLR , keeping those for winter set.

Gemini take-offs with TPMS and Tires are running about $1400-1500 here on the forum in the Parts for Sale section. Just wait for a set to come up in your area, and pounce. I just got a set and am incredibly happy with them. I will be running my Uberturbines when the weather is consistently warmer, but for Winter, 19" Geminis can't be beat.

I was considering getting a set of 21" Pireli Sottozero winter tires for my Uberturbines and am glad I didn't. (Even at wholesale price they're stupid-expensive, but I liked the idea of one set of wheels since I can change the tires myself)

Yea also think its weird to spend 60k on a car and try to get cheapest wheel option. Find a nice set of 19s that actually look good. I swapped my 21s for 19in tsw wheels and it looks awesome and a little different.
20230214_171711.jpg

Reactions: Pricedm
Old thread, however you can buy wheels standalone and not part of a package, however it costs a lot more than just the package! Just got a quote of $2600 from Tesla for a set of four 19" Gemini Wheels. The winter tire package with same wheels includes the wheels, four TPMS and four winter tires for $2250 and that is shipped and installed at the service center. It is way cheaper to buy the bundled package than wheels from Tesla and then tires elsewhere.

I would prefer Michelin Ice X over the Pirelli's, but that will wait until I wear out the Pirelli's.

You can also purchase take off wheels, they tend to be in the $600 range for wheels only, but by the time you add TPMS sensors, tires, shipping and get them installed not going to be much less if any.