Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Frunk won't open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about the S, but on the X you can pop off a little plastic cover on the front lower right of the car in the black plastic area and access a couple of red ribbons. Pulling them down in the proper sequence will open the frunk. The little cover is used to hide the towbar attachment point, so you can find it in your Owner's Manual. On my car the two red pulls were tucked up out of the way, but this is clearly their intended purpose.

I don't know about the S, but on the X you can pop off a little plastic cover on the front lower right of the car in the black plastic area and access a couple of red ribbons. Pulling them down in the proper sequence will open the frunk. The little cover is used to hide the towbar attachment point, so you can find it in your Owner's Manual. On my car the two red pulls were tucked up out of the way, but this is clearly their intended purpose.

Good to know, thank you. I brought it in today and it has a bad actuator that needs to be replaced.