Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Glove box light cord lost in dash after trying to replace it with a new LED from abstract ocean.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed them as well but it was almost a year ago and I remember thinking I can’t let this short cord go or I’m screwed. I was lucky. I wish I could remember enough to help you. Maybe Abstract Ocean can be if assistance? Or even Tesla. Make a service appointment if no one responds with helpful tips and they might even send a mobile tech out to assist you. Good luck. I’ve been in your boat where I’ve asked for advice or assistance and gotten “crickets” with nobody answering at all or offering anything worthwhile.

I have no idea if this will help, but there’s a panel underneath the glove box that you remove to change the cabin air filter. Removing it might let you access the cord. There are just 4 push grommets, so removing it is not too involved. (To remove a push grommet you pry up the center piston, then pull the grommet.)