Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help!!!! LEMR VS LRM3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so I am getting my first model 3 is it worth paying 3k more for a long range model 3 over the mid range? My representative found a long range rwd that’s the same exact model I am getting on my LEMR. I have been waiting to see if anyone post a review of the LEMR but really can’t find anything.

Reactions: BobAbooey
I came to advise getting the LR especially if you live in a colder climate. Seeing you live in FL you’ll likely be fine with the LEMR, so if money is an issue just go with that. However getting the extra range IMO is the best thing you can put your money towards when buying an EV. Just my $0.02 from a first time EV owner. Bought my model 3 in July and I’m surprised to see how much the cold weather plays with the battery. I think I plan to see “regent braking limited” until May

Reactions: Nycinpolk
Yes 20k miles on the battery. I work a few minutes from my house, my wife works 35 miles away. I live in Florida so cold weather is not an issue even though it’s like 50 degrees and everyone is complaining it’s cold
If the LR is ready for delivery now, it’s a no brainer to buy it now, as you’re guaranteed to get the extra $3,750 with the full tax credit by year end. So that pays for the extra battery capacity right there by eliminating the risk your MR may not be delivered in time.

Also, please realize that lots of A/C usage also consumes a fair bit of kWhs, so you’ll benefit from pre-cooling your 3 and never worrying about range anxiety.

Finally, you’ll also retain increased resale value of the LR that’ll have a wider base of potential buyers if you have the biggest battery in your 3. Good luck with your decision!

You'll be fine with LEMR. But range is king when it comes to EV's. I would go with LR.

If you are new to EV's, both would feel good to you. Instant acceleration on both LEMR and LR are going to feel good. A difference of .6 secs isn't going to be that huge. If you plan on traveling at all, the LR is the clear choice. It'll be more convenient. We're talking 50-60 miles difference, that's quite a bit.

3P owners paid 9-11K for 1 second faster over 3LRD.

3LR is faster than 3MR by 1 second for 3K.

My risk analysis says you will have a higher probability of regret not going 3LR later versus spending $3,000 more now.

Some people think I know what I'm talking about. Some people think I have no clue.

Choose wisely. ;)

3k more is a no brainer, you'll enjoy the car more especially on road trips and you should get back that 3k in resale, let alone the fact that they quit making them, people always want what they can't have so 3k more on resale should be good for a long time but only time will tell, i'm really happy with my LR and after the AWD and P3D+ came out I was a little envious and wondered if I should have waited? should I sell now for a small loss and order the P3D+ or? now my brother-in-law gets his fully loaded red P3D+ and I test drove it, love it but it's way faster than I need, so fast it makes me nauseous (I hate roller coasters) and it rides rougher plus has way less range so overall my LR RWD feels like the best of all worlds, fast and best range, we will be keeping this one a while!

• Informative
Reactions: Dr. J and Nycinpolk
I would get the LR. Plenty of performance and range is the most valuable luxury in an EV. $3K for 50 miles rated range is a no-brainer in my opinion. I think you’ll regret not getting the L
I am on the edge of Los Alamitos by the high school and I remember seeing your car all the time around Cypress back before everyone around here had one! seen a white with aero's there a lot to, now it's like every other car is a 3!

Reactions: 9erDog
I ordered an MR initially too but once I found out there are still LRs out there I immediately asked my OA to look for one for me and he came through for me this past weekend. Though $3k may seem steep for an extra 50 miles of range, but seeing how I'm keeping the car for a long time (probably 10+ years), it was still a no brainer to me for 2 main reasons:

1) I can envision MANY instances in the future where I would say, "Damn, I wish I had 50 extra miles so I don't have to stop and charge right now" (think road trips)
2) As the battery degrades over time, the extra 50 miles will be more and more valuable

I live in CA so cold weather isn't a factor either. Since you say you're probably going to keep the car for a long time too, I say don't hesitate to get the LR.

Oh, and as an added bonus, I don't have to anxiously wait anymore for more MRs to be delivered to CA buyers, I got a delivery date immediately after my order was changed to LR.