Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help!!!! LEMR VS LRM3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so I am getting my first model 3 is it worth paying 3k more for a long range model 3 over the mid range? My representative found a long range rwd that’s the same exact model I am getting on my LEMR. I have been waiting to see if anyone post a review of the LEMR but really can’t find anything.

Depends on what you want. My lemur has been giving me 255 miles on full battery. Power is amazing and I barely notice a difference from the long range and the battery charges at approximately 15mph on a level 2 charger.

Let me know if you have any specific questions!

This summer when I would run the AC on a high fan speed (7-8) I was using 285 wh/mi, vs 225 at night when I could take leaving it on fan speed 2. I don't think I ever cranked it up to absolute max, which I assume would be worse. I guess you don't HAVE to do that on a 100-degree day, but it seems pretty important. And 10 miles of vampire drain with cabin overheat on (which it should be, I think, to protect the electronics) and parked in the sun is probably conservative - there were times on the hottest days where I lost 5 miles in 3 hours.

Also I started off charging to 90% as well for the first month and only charged to 100% once, and still saw 1% battery degradation within that month. Backed it down to 80% and haven't seen any more degradation. That's just one data point and I know whatever degradation you do get tends to be front-loaded, but it was enough for me to decide to keep it at 80% as a rule.

In 8 months, 8700 miles, I'm averaging 234 Wh/mi. That's living in Texas and with a round trip to southwest Florida in the summer. HVAC is always set to 70 degrees and fan speed on auto so I have idea what speed.

Of course you had 1% battery capacity loss in the first month. Everyone does regardless of how you charge it.

Cabin overheat protection is not vampire drain. That's A/C usage. Vampire drain is when the battery loses capacity just sitting overnight in your garage.

• Informative
Reactions: Nycinpolk
So here is an update for everyone who helped me along the process I was originally ordering a midnight silver metallic mid range model 3 with sport wheels, changed my order to an inventory long range silver metallic without the sport wheels so I’m basically spending 1500 over what I was going to on the midrange and I’m gaunt 50 miles and aero wheels vs sport wheels. I have been seeing comparing about scratching the sport rim so I figured take it out and get more batter for my money! Thank you all for the assistant I can’t wait until I take my first drive home!

So here is an update for everyone who helped me along the process I was originally ordering a midnight silver metallic mid range model 3 with sport wheels, changed my order to an inventory long range silver metallic without the sport wheels so I’m basically spending 1500 over what I was going to on the midrange and I’m gaunt 50 miles and aero wheels vs sport wheels. I have been seeing comparing about scratching the sport rim so I figured take it out and get more batter for my money! Thank you all for the assistant I can’t wait until I take my first drive home!
Sounds like a good move. Congrats!

Reactions: Nycinpolk
@Pbbjr Would you please upload some pics of your white interior? I think lots of us would love to see it :). Thanks!

Here is a photo I took yesterday. Sun was brightly shining through the passenger side.
WhiteyHerzog Interior with Kenriko white matte wrap.jpg

This is with the Kenriko White Matte wrap, purchased from Amazon. I had the tint guy who also installed installed a clear bra install it. Looks very clean. Like it much better than the piano black unwrapped console. I also got aluminum pedals and the Tesla all weather mats, which both look fantastic.