Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Me Decide SR+ vs MR VS LR RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think all discounts ignored, the best value by far in the lineup right now is the SR+ and will suit the majority of buyers very well.
Anyone that's owned a short ranged EV like an early Leaf will agree with your post. Range is important up until about 150-175 miles after that most people will rarely use more in a single trip on any kind of regular basis.

Reactions: nebster and DriveMe
That is the issue. The range is nominal and based on conservative driving. It will work if you drive your car like a Prius, moderate speeds and light acceleration. The types of people who got the MPG rated on the sticker.

I found out in practice that I don’t get near the rated range and it’s because I expect to drive my car like any other car on the roads. That means with traffic at higher speeds. That also means getting good set of tires that don’t feel like they are coated in Teflon. Also my drives aren’t point A to B (home to destination and back) even if I plan them to be. Other places get thrown in the mix and my 100 mile r/t is now 200.

The thing with ICE cars is that people chuckle when they see the MPG rating knowing they probably won’t see that. With an EV, it’s the same, don’t expect to see that. It’s for comparative reasons, YMMV.

Get this one: LR, Black, aero wheels AutoPilot (325 miles) $46K

You will not regret not having the LR battery instead of having 3K more in the bank account.

Already ordered exact same on 3/17.

Then modified to MSM, then decided to back to black but with white interiors this time and eventually decided to stick with black on black just now.

I never ever thought this much before buying a car. I used to go to dealer find the best one i liked there in stock and get it.

Hopefully they assign me a VIN soon, or else more edits are bound to happen:D

Already ordered exact same on 3/17.

Then modified to MSM, then decided to back to black but with white interiors this time and eventually decided to stick with black on black just now.

I never ever thought this much before buying a car. I used to go to dealer find the best one i liked there in stock and get it.

Hopefully they assign me a VIN soon, or else more edits are bound to happen:D

Ha! I also ordered the exact same model, Sunday night. Delivery Monday! I guess I can't (really shouldn't) change my edits now. enjoy!

If this helps anyone : I have the LR RWD since last August. I drove to work all week and drove to the beach and back last weekend. I haven't charged the car in 7 days and I still have 100 miles left. I wish I had less range and $6600 more dollars in my bank account. I wish I could have bought the SR+ at $37K.

So all the comments here seem to be centered around the range but you are also getting an upgrade on the interior and software. How do those upgrades factor into the added cost.

Plus now the LR RWD is 45,900, so yes another 6k on top of the SR+ but that gets you

• satellite nav and live traffic
  • premium audio
  • heated back seats - personally don't care but whatever
  • slacker radio
  • floor mats - not a big deal but it is a difference somehow
  • internet browser
  • garage door opener
there may be more but any one of these by themselves is not a big thing but we you add these on top of 85 more miles of range, it starts to look different.

So all the comments here seem to be centered around the range but you are also getting an upgrade on the interior and software. How do those upgrades factor into the added cost.

Plus now the LR RWD is 45,900, so yes another 6k on top of the SR+ but that gets you

• satellite nav and live traffic
  • premium audio
  • heated back seats - personally don't care but whatever
  • slacker radio
  • floor mats - not a big deal but it is a difference somehow
  • internet browser
  • garage door opener
there may be more but any one of these by themselves is not a big thing but we you add these on top of 85 more miles of range, it starts to look different.

I completely agree with you. If the $ difference was strictly for range than I would also have opted for the SR+ but with all the added features as you mentioned, I'd say the price of the added range is maybe 1/2 of the additional $6K. I suppose some people may want all the interior add-ons for SR+ +$3k? but no extra range. Lets call it SR++