Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD with EAP vs LR with basic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a new highland, but second guessing,y config.
Question is,: budget can afford one or the other. I like the idea of navigate on AP as I work shift work with 30mins on highway driving at all hours.
However, would basic AP do for most uses, and spend the money on a LR instead? In Australia the tax benefits require the configuration to be fixed at purchase, so I essentially I lose the tax benefit on ordering EAP down the track if decide I want it and essentially makes it a $5k upgrade vs $2.5 if I do it on purchase.
So if you could chose one, would it be LR with basic (and expensive to upgrade the AP) or a rwd with EAP ?

Range not an issue

LR all the way, without a second thought.

Navigate on Autopilot is a joke. It’s stressful to use and will not improve your commuting experience in any way vs. basic autopilot.

Summon is a joke. Auto park is a joke (and neither are even available now and who knows if they ever will be).

Auto lane change is nice but in now way worth the price of entry on its own.

Don’t waste money on EAP.

I have and love EAP, but mostly because it came with the car when I bought mine used. That said, NOA doesn’t work that well for me, summon is a gimmick (when it works for my 2020), and autopark almost never works. Definitely not worth $6k, so go for the range (and speed) increase in a long range.

Reactions: Skavatar
I vote for the cheaper car *without* EAP! Spend the least you can and save your money for other things…
Totally agree. If range is not an issue, the RWD should be the rational choice to save easy money. Moreover, on daily usage, you get the same range as the long range. The additional hp and better sound is in my view not worth that amount of money.