Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help needed RE: buying used Tesla model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Alberta and I’m considering buying a used Model X.

Question is, Which year and trim is best for Alberta driving (Range, etc) and whenever I check the used inventory, it shows a lot from the US. Has anyone have had any experience buying a used model X from the US from their inventory?

Get a long range or 100 batt ..in cold weather the heater consumes a lot of power ..as it is the X is a heavy car and not sure how far is your daily commute but expect the heater usage to consume a lot...the limited times I have used heater I have lost approx 35% range compare to when not using

Reactions: Vawlkus
I don't think the heater consumes 35%, but range can certainly be 35% less in very cold weather. How often do you drive very long distances? If you never drive very far, or only drive to Calgary occasionally then you should be good with shorter range models, but if you go farther afield, especially on routes without Superchargers (like Saskatoon for the time being) then you may want a higher battery capacity.

Reactions: Vawlkus
I don't think the heater consumes 35%, but range can certainly be 35% less in very cold weather. How often do you drive very long distances? If you never drive very far, or only drive to Calgary occasionally then you should be good with shorter range models, but if you go farther afield, especially on routes without Superchargers (like Saskatoon for the time being) then you may want a higher battery capacity.

I drive approximately 50km daily and plan to use it for long drives only during summer.

As long as your long drives involve going south then you should be fine without needing extra range. My Model S is an 85kWh and I don't have issues with range as I don't drive long distances very often and when I do it tends to be along Hwy 401 which is fairly well populated with Superchargers.