Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help please! MS Rear White seat stained!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks,
I used a "seat protector" that came with a child seat, when I fastened the child seat on the rear seat of my 2019 Model S.
After a week of shuttling my grandkid, the black "seat protector" left indelible dimple marks on the white seat! (I should ask the manufacturer which seat is being protected. . .)
Tesla quotes $1,760 for a new bench seat; installation plus taxes bring it to $1,950. Aaaaaagh.
Has anyone got any suggestions? A local car-seat restorer says he can replace with new white material and stitching pattern for $600 (claiming only I will know it is not original.) Tesla is unable to sell me the material alone; even then I am extremely uneasy going with this guy.
Should I just bite the bullet and spend $1,900? Or is there another option? The one used seat on ebay for $300 + shipping also looks way too risky.
Has anyone had this problem, and if so how was it resolved?

IMG_4895.jpg

Check out this threat here…

i used Clorox non bleach wipes, I think the yellow container, and they worked very well.

Check out this threat here…

i used Clorox non bleach wipes, I think the yellow container, and they worked very well.
Should be a worthwhile option that I had not tried. I will try it now. Thanks!