Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help tesla realize their vision - vote for federal ev incentives!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to mention the fact that we now have an actual science minister. Imagine that!
Yeah, no kidding... perhaps the whole issue of muzzled scientists will be addressed properly... finally.

I was actually happily surprised at the depth of experience that actually relates to the ministry's they've been assigned. The comment about a cabinet that looks like Canada was actually quite right... I was struck by how 'normal' or 'unpolitical' the group looked. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic that we might see some different directions that aren't necessarily along typical and stereotypical party lines. Maybe we'll see some policies that are best for the country rather than best for re-election.

Dare to dream...

Catherine McKenna today named Environment Minister.

The good news keeps rolling in:

Trudeau handpicks Raynolds for senior Ottawa position

"Raynolds, who has 20 years' experience in the energy sector, resigned from his job as executive vice-president of BluEarth Renewables. Prior to joining BluEarth, Raynolds was executive director at the Pembina Institute, a nationally recognized energy think-tank."

Trudeau handpicks Raynolds for senior Ottawa position | Local News | Rocky Mountain Outlook

10985314_832707276776305_2975557912138436507_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, no kidding... perhaps the whole issue of muzzled scientists will be addressed properly... finally.

I was actually happily surprised at the depth of experience that actually relates to the ministry's they've been assigned. The comment about a cabinet that looks like Canada was actually quite right... I was struck by how 'normal' or 'unpolitical' the group looked. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic that we might see some different directions that aren't necessarily along typical and stereotypical party lines. Maybe we'll see some policies that are best for the country rather than best for re-election.

Dare to dream...
How does this described change to a science based approach and not just best for reelection square with the support for keystone XL and the Obama government's rejection of the plans ?

Catherine McKenna today named Environment Minister.

Catherine McKenna, Ottawa Centre MP, named minister of environment and climate change - Ottawa - CBC News

UN Climate Change Conference starts Nov. 30th. Policy frantically being crafted now.

If you agree that Norway is kicking some EV butt (they are), you may wish to ask your MP to forward this presentation on to MP McKenna:

http://evroadmapconference.com/program/presentations15/OlaElvestuen.pdf

Norway is aiming for 100% EV by 2025, and reducing GHG 40% by 2030.

Thank-you

- - - Updated - - -

In case any of you are hell bent on a carbon tax vs EV incentives, see discussion here. I think it's compelling (beginning post #26):

Bill Gates Dismisses Free Market's Ability To Counter Climate Change - Page 3

COP21 talks pre-discussions are under way. If you care to follow along...or tweet for Norway style EV incentives!:

Catherine McKenna (@cathmckenna) | Twitter

Catherine McKenna (@ec_minister) | Twitter (new account)

Marlo Raynolds (@MarloRaynolds) | Twitter

CTS81iyWIAQBKX4.jpg

Like a government opposed to tar sands extraction given how dirty and carbon intensive just the acquiring and extraction part is, let alone the burning of the extracted oil. I know, naive thinking on my part but let's not pretend this new government is any different than the old when it comes to combating climate change.

I think this government is the diametrical opposite (shout out to AudubonB!) to the previous on climate change.

Politics are what they are...let's see what comes out of COP21...that's the true "environmental test".

I think this government is the diametrical opposite (shout out to AudubonB!) to the previous on climate change.

Politics are what they are...let's see what comes out of COP21...that's the true "environmental test".

COP21 is only about workshops, lectures, debates and events. It's nothing concrete. There's no agenda for any agreements at all. Basically, it's a taxpayer funded vacation for the politicians and Trudeau is making the most of it.

Preventing pipelines and tar sands extraction is something concrete. To say this government is opposite the previous one on climate change means nothing without action. The action taken so far was disappointment with Keystone being nixed by Obama. That's the same (not opposite) reaction our previous government would have had.

When something concretely opposite happens, let me know.

COP21 is only about workshops, lectures, debates and events. It's nothing concrete. There's no agenda for any agreements at all. Basically, it's a taxpayer funded vacation for the politicians and Trudeau is making the most of it.

Preventing pipelines and tar sands extraction is something concrete. To say this government is opposite the previous one on climate change means nothing without action. The action taken so far was disappointment with Keystone being nixed by Obama. That's the same (not opposite) reaction our previous government would have had.

I think this "hand picked" Trudeau appointment is telling of a completely different approach to the environment:

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/marlo-raynolds-072061a

The Soros connection: Anti-oil activist Marlo Raynolds now Environment Minister's chief of staff - The Rebel

I expect we will see some serious commitments after COP21. Let's give them some breathing room...They were just appointed last week and then flew direct to Paris on Sat...

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing concrete's going to happen in the next few weeks, the time frame's too short.

I disagree. I think this will come together very quickly.

So like, early March...? They are crafting policy now...

"Ninety days after the Paris climate conference, Trudeau will "establish a pan-Canadian framework" for tackling global warming. The Liberals have also promised to undo caustic relations with provinces over climate change, where provincial officials have said they have felt left out by the Harper government."

Canada's enviro minister Catherine McKenna has big green agenda | National Observer

- - - Updated - - -

So like, early March...? They are crafting policy now...

How great would it be to collect every environment ministers Twitter handle and send them the same message:

Follow Norway's lead and drop GHG 30%!

http://evroadmapconference.com/program/presentations15/OlaElvestuen.pdf

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/17/business/international/norway-is-global-model-for-encouraging-sales-of-electric-cars.html

I will go first, everyone please join in (if you like):

Catherine McKenna (@ec_minister) | Twitter

Marlo Raynolds (@MarloRaynolds) | Twitter

Gerald Butts (@gmbutts) | Twitter

Last edited: