Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with charging please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got delivery of model 3 long range yesterday. I am having problem with I think is slow charging. I already had a pod point wall charger which I used for my Passat GTE, a type 2. I live in UK. The pod point suppose to deliver up to 7kw. When I plug the Tesla this morning, it had 140 miles and it said that it will take 8.5 hours to get to my preset limit 250 miles). Is that not very slow for 7kw charger?
Is there a way to find out when Tesla is charging if it is 7kw or 3kw?
Thank you
S

It shows you the charge rate on the display as it charges. The trick is, if the battery is being heated at the time, the charge rate won’t change but the time goes up since the car is taking significant power to heat the battery. This will taper as the battery warms, so it shouldn’t last that long and it won’t impact the charge times much on higher power connections. The estimate will be wrong though. You can hear the motors making a high frequency buzz and whine if they are being used to heat the battery.

Reactions: RScottyL