Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with Hansshow Auto Present Door Handles v5 Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sandi629

Supporting Member
Mar 13, 2023
NJ
i got Hansshow auto present handles installed over the holidays. Doesn’t seem to stay connected to Bluetooth on my iPhone 15 pro. If I park and go into a store or someone’s house, when I come out it has disconnected and handles don’t present as I approach car. Any suggestions? Seems to be a question of auto connecting the bluetoooth.

i got Hansshow auto present handles installed over the holidays. Doesn’t seem to stay connected to Bluetooth on my iPhone 15 pro. If I park and go into a store or someone’s house, when I come out it has disconnected and handles don’t present as I approach car. Any suggestions? Seems to be a question of auto connecting the bluetoooth.
Why on earth, would you need such a device on a Model X? The door handles are simply push buttons, the driver door pops open when approaching.

Upvote 0
Hi sandi629,

I have been back and forth with the Hansshow folks via Whatsapp for a few weeks now and have come to the conclusion that their scheme for automatically opening the door on approach is pretty unreliable (at least with Apple devices - I also have a 15 Pro Max), maybe it's better with Android?

Anyway, I also happen to have installed the S3XY buttons ODBC module. With their latest update to the module firmware and App, they've updated their "Presenting Doors" Smart Action so that it includes many more cars than they used to. Previously, my Long Range Model Y was not included but it is now. Basically their logic will unlatch the driver's side door as you approach, very much as the key fob used to do in my old Model X. This is great because it's exactly the trigger needed for the Hansshow door opener.

Combined with Hansshow's "Auto Presenting Doors" it now works MUCH better than it did using the native Hansshow approach.

I still find that the door presents slower and somewhat less reliably than the native Model X door but it's pretty good.

I also installed the Self Presenting passenger door which has basically NO automation associated with it in spite of Hansshow's web page saying otherwise. I have a S3XY button at the front of my console lid that I use to open/close my passenger door as a courtesy to my passenger and (because I'm spoiling myself) another button on my dash near the driver's side door that I can easily reach while standing outside the car with the driver's side door open so I can quickly accommodate my passenger as needed.

Oh, Pro Tip, While you can have the S3XY buttons perform up to 3 different functions (Single tap, Double tap and Long Press) adding ANY other functionality beyond the single tap will introduce a slight delay to the button as it waits to see if you're going to do more pressing. This doesn't seem like much in theory, but if you're trying to open the door for someone approaching the car, it seems like forever. So I advise that, any button you use to control your doors, just use the single press function.

I have nothing to do with either of these companies, but I've spent enough time getting this stuff to work that hopefully this will help someone else.

Marc

Upvote 0