Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I placed my order for MY on August 18th. I just got a text telling me it will be ready for pick up as early as Sept 11. I've read on this forum regarding quality issues and VINs. When you all talk of VIN such as 39xxx-what exactly do you mean? The number I am seeing on the text begins with RN. Are you all talking about the last 5 digits? If so, mine is 29xxx. Is that a problem?
Thank you!!!!!!!

Go to your online Tesla account page and look for the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA). This is different from the Motor Vehicle Order Agreement which contains the Order Number (RNxxx...) but not the VIN. The MVPA should contain the VIN starting with 5YJY as @MYand1M stated. When people cite a VIN of 39xxx, for example, the numbers are the last 5 digits of the VIN (xxx inserted to obscure the actual VIN) and represent the unique production serial number of the Model Y.

I'm in Vorhees, but picking up at Devon since I am meeting my son-in-law and daughter there.

Does that work for your 5K rebate?

from - Home | Charge Up New Jersey

o apply for the Charge Up New Jersey incentive, your purchase or lease must meet the following requirements:
  • Vehicle must have a purchase/lease agreement of January 17, 2020 or later;
  • Vehicle must be registered to you in the State of New Jersey;
  • Your name must be on the purchase or lease agreement;
  • Purchase or lease agreement must be from a New Jersey dealership or showroom;
  • You must provide proof of New Jersey residency by providing a state ID or other acceptable documentation.

Does that work for your 5K rebate?

from - Home | Charge Up New Jersey

o apply for the Charge Up New Jersey incentive, your purchase or lease must meet the following requirements:
  • Vehicle must have a purchase/lease agreement of January 17, 2020 or later;
  • Vehicle must be registered to you in the State of New Jersey;
  • Your name must be on the purchase or lease agreement;
  • Purchase or lease agreement must be from a New Jersey dealership or showroom;
  • You must provide proof of New Jersey residency by providing a state ID or other acceptable documentation.

OMG. I missed that. Contacting my SA to change the location now. That's allowed right?

And thank you.

You're welcome

I don't know, but I would think that if the paperwork is NJ, you would be OK. I also didn't think about the sales tax. Wouldn't you have to pay PA tax? And in NJ there is no sales tax on EV

Oh, and tell them to speed up my MY

SA just changed it to Cherry Hill. I don't want to take my chances with the rebate. No sales tax even when picked up at Devon as long as your address is NJ.

I had a MVPA on my order page, but after he updated it, now its gone. I asked him if it was same VIN. He says yes.