Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here's the million dollar question: where's the promised 35k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The million dollar question is: who actually physically have a SR with clothe seats. If they do I'd like to see pics. The only pic I saw of a cloth seats , is a front seat pic and it looks a photo rendition and not an actual car.

I believe it never existed and this was a tactic to upsell and to please the ppl that said he couldn't make a 35k EV. So unless I see pics, he didn't full fill the promise and it was all bs.
I could only imagine if he got called on it, consumer confidence would go down.

OP, you are the same person that says you ordered your car April 11th in another thread, and are already complaining you don't have your car yet. What is your story?
Really
What's my story, I was told the SR would have cloth seats and it was an upsell tactic.
Frankly until I see pics, I am convinced it never existed or many ppl never received it. Everything else is hearsay.
Furthermore, I complain when I feel deceived from the cloth seats to the delivery time .I have major passion for wanting and owning the car. But I will b*tch about their salesmen ,customer service and business tactics.
You can never get one straight answer from a salesman, from it having heated seats to not having heated seats.
Estimated delivery goes from 2-4, 4-6 or 6-8 weeks.
Sheep that have over 100,000 dollars to buy a car, don't care about these things. I'm not one of them, I'm on a fixed income, so I want value for my dollar. ET said, he is going to bring a 35k to the masses and guess what, he is going to deal with ppl like me.
Don't like my post, move on or change the channel.

Whether they made it or not, I know people who own it including my brother. I as a consumer don't care if Tesla made a profit on it, only that you're able to purchase it at the promised price.
Well that is rarity, I've searched high and dry on the web and in YouTube videos and haven't seen a real pic of the seats.
Maybe ask your brother to share a pic to the masses , so that many can see what it looks like.
Until then , I am not disputing what you are saying but it's hearsay.

I’m not really sure what point you are trying to make. Tesla is selling a $35K car. Originally it was going to have manual cloth seats but they elected to go with the same seats and interior materials as the SR+ to standardize the production line. Most people prefer the upgraded vegan leather seats to the cloth ones but if you are one of the few who prefers cloth then that is no longer going to be an option on the SR. Other than that, what specifically is your complaint?

Really
What's my story, I was told the SR would have cloth seats and it was an upsell tactic.
Frankly until I see pics, I am convinced it never existed or many ppl never received it. Everything else is hearsay.
Furthermore, I complain when I feel deceived from the cloth seats to the delivery time .I have major passion for wanting and owning the car. But I will b*tch about their salesmen ,customer service and business tactics.
You can never get one straight answer from a salesman, from it having heated seats to not having heated seats.
Estimated delivery goes from 2-4, 4-6 or 6-8 weeks.
Sheep that have over 100,000 dollars to buy a car, don't care about these things. I'm not one of them, I'm on a fixed income, so I want value for my dollar. ET said, he is going to bring a 35k to the masses and guess what, he is going to deal with ppl like me.
Don't like my post, move on or change the channel.
How about if your don't like the car, you change the channel.....There are plenty of Toyota's, Honda's, etc available. By the way, aren't you in Canada? Isn't there like a import tax or some price increase that would keep you from truly getting a 35K price tag anyway? What "salesmen" are you taking about. Tesla doesn't have "Salesmen", if you want info about the car go to the internet, or hell spend the time to read up about the car on this forum, there is a lot of info here. From what I can tell, your right about the cloth seats being non-existent. Most people would be glad that they are getting the up graded interior materials at a lower cost, but I guess people love to have crap to b***h about right? Just go to Walmart and but some $35 fabric seat covers and there you go.

OP - Your post title doesn’t match what you’re asking. The $35k car is here. Plenty of people have taken delivery. If you’re asking about manual cloth seats, that’s a valid question and the consensus here seems to be that it never actually entered production. Whether they intended to produce it but changed their mind or never intended to produce it at all we’ll never know. But honestly it doesn’t matter because the current $35k Model 3 SR is very well equipped, significantly better than originally promised. And more importantly it’s available to purchase and Elon confirmed today on the conference call that it’s not going away.

How about if your don't like the car, you change the channel.....There are plenty of Toyota's, Honda's, etc available. By the way, aren't you in Canada? Isn't there like a import tax or some price increase that would keep you from truly getting a 35K price tag anyway? What "salesmen" are you taking about. Tesla doesn't have "Salesmen", if you want info about the car go to the internet, or hell spend the time to read up about the car on this forum, there is a lot of info here. From what I can tell, your right about the cloth seats being non-existent. Most people would be glad that they are getting the up graded interior materials at a lower cost, but I guess people love to have crap to b***h about right? Just go to Walmart and but some $35 fabric seat covers and there you go.
Actually, i wanted the leather seats, that was a major factor into convincing me to go for the SR+.
And as you say, im going to b*tch about it on a public forum, so others are fully aware of it and are not taken for the upsell to the SR+. Because some Sales people are still spewing the same line,
I love the car and dont even have it yet. The issue is not the car, its the misformation from the sales ppl and the website.
Yes Canada has a currency difference. Ive used simplicity in calling it the 35k car cuz i havent heard Elon call it, the 46.7 cdn car.
Glad you like your car and your price.
Ive accomplished downgrading to the SR, but ill use that freedom of speech thing and make sure ppl know the difference.

OP - Your post title doesn’t match what you’re asking. The $35k car is here. Plenty of people have taken delivery. If you’re asking about manual cloth seats, that’s a valid question and the consensus here seems to be that it never actually entered production. Whether they intended to produce it but changed their mind or never intended to produce it at all we’ll never know. But honestly it doesn’t matter because the current $35k Model 3 SR is very well equipped, significantly better than originally promised. And more importantly it’s available to purchase and Elon confirmed today on the conference call that it’s not going away.
Correct, it never existed but its discription was on their website until just recently.
Its obvious how it all went down, it was a Stealer Dealer tactic used by most carmakers to upsell.
Hyundai is doing the same thing, they have the higher price Kona EV but i havent seen the base trim for sale .

If Elon said the SR is never going away, why would they remove it from the website?

If Elon said the SR is never going away, why would they remove it from the website?
Tesla reserves the right to do whatever the hell it wants, whenever it wants, and however it wants.

Stick around long enough, you'll learn that. and guess what, you can only bitch about it, you have no say in it, at all.

Welcome to the forums, and have a nice day.

and the $35k model 3 is here, you ordered one, no?

I don't get it. You want a $35k car, They are selling a $35k car. They promised it would be stripped down but decided to give you many upgrades for the same price. AND YOU ARE PISSED ABOUT THAT????????? I didn't think people like you existed but I stand corrected. Make a billboard then saying "ELON, I WANT MY STRIPPED DOWN M3!!!!" wow.

The OP already stated their intention... "to use their freedom of speech to complain in a public place".

I think that the OPs complaint is that he wouldn't have ordered the SR+ if he'd know that the SR also came with the nice seats....

OP, if the only issue is the seats and none of the other upgrades matter to you then call your sales advisor and tell them you want to switch to the SR. Companies change their products all the time, Tesla more often than most, you seem to be implying that they did it on purpose. I doubt that that is the case but hey, whatever, you're entitled to your opinion. But complaining about here isn't going to change anything. Calling your delivery advisor and starting the process of switching may though ...

I think that the OPs complaint is that he wouldn't have ordered the SR+ if he'd know that the SR also came with the nice seats....

OP, if the only issue is the seats and none of the other upgrades matter to you then call your sales advisor and tell them you want to switch to the SR. Companies change their products all the time, Tesla more often than most, you seem to be implying that they did it on purpose. I doubt that that is the case but hey, whatever, you're entitled to your opinion. But complaining about here isn't going to change anything. Calling your delivery advisor and starting the process of switching may though ...

OP already did, according to this thread:

Actually, i wanted the leather seats, that was a major factor into convincing me to go for the SR+.
Ive accomplished downgrading to the SR, but ill use that freedom of speech thing and make sure ppl know the difference.

Anyway, OP thanks for confirming your intent is basically to complain. Makes things easier.

Spot on.
The seats were one of the main reasons, i opted to go to the higher trim.
I have since downgraded my order.
My intent is to make other potential buyers, aware that the SR actually comes with leather seats. I have read elsewhere, where other ppl chose the SR+ because of its lack of leather seats.

OP already did, according to this thread:

Anyway, OP thanks for confirming your intent is basically to complain. Makes things easier.
Yes the complaining helps.
It helps the other ppl, who are undecided on either purchasing the SR or the SR+.
Its description isnt on the website as it is an off menu choice. As for calling an Advisor, some are aware and some are not.

The million dollar question is: who actually physically have a SR with clothe seats. If they do I'd like to see pics. The only pic I saw of a cloth seats , is a front seat pic and it looks a photo rendition and not an actual car.

I believe it never existed and this was a tactic to upsell and to please the ppl that said he couldn't make a 35k EV. So unless I see pics, he didn't full fill the promise and it was all bs.
I could only imagine if he got called on it, consumer confidence would go down.

Everybody knows they've to deliver on it. They aren't making any with cloth seats. They're just disabling functionality from the SR+. They're not doing it for fun.

They are expecting to begin making low-spec Model 3s for the Chinese market next year in Shanghai. Maybe, just maybe, the additional time combined with demand in China will provide enough volume to add cloth seats. I don't expect that though.