Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hertz cuts back on EV purchases

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reality is Tesla is NOT a conventional car. There are so much to learn before one can drive it properly. Just using D, R and P is no problem, still with a small surprise when the driver releases the accelerator pedal just to discover that the car starts braking.
Usage of the turn signal, the wipers requires some learning curve. On my first driving in the rain, the wipers went too fast, I do not know how to slow it down or turn it OFF until I went home and learn that from a youtube video. Can't expect a casual renter to know all these before driving Tesla the first time.
Unfamiliarity with the Tesla can easily get the driver into accidents.
Maybe this is the reason why Hertz dumps all their EV at lower price.

Reactions: Samurai51
Just rented a Hertz Model 3 for next week while my car is in the shop for ceramic coating. Interesting thing that the Model 3 was the lowest priced rental among all the choices here in Greensboro, NC. I guess this is evidence of a failed experiment with Hertz confirmed as the guy that bought the 100000 Teslas resigned and Hertz is selling off their inventory. As for me, it is a windfall. I get to try out the Model 3, which I didn't test drive before I bought my Model Y. And at a low rental cost as well.