Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hey, just now got my 'invite' email!~

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, so today I got the 'Congratulations, you have a VIN', email. I couldn't find an actual VIN number anywhere, but I guess this means it's close to being built? The email just had two questions: Are you paying in Cash, and is Fremont where you want to pick it up.

Even though I don't have an exact date yet, I'm getting nervous and starting the dreaded clean out the garage job so my 3 can live inside. The My Account page says: Delivery between Sep. '18 - Nov. '18. It almost feels like it might be sooner. As the colonel said, 'We shall see...'

W6FG

OK, so today I got the 'Congratulations, you have a VIN', email. I couldn't find an actual VIN number anywhere, but I guess this means it's close to being built? The email just had two questions: Are you paying in Cash, and is Fremont where you want to pick it up.

Even though I don't have an exact date yet, I'm getting nervous and starting the dreaded clean out the garage job so my 3 can live inside. The My Account page says: Delivery between Sep. '18 - Nov. '18. It almost feels like it might be sooner. As the colonel said, 'We shall see...'

W6FG

Model 3 vin assignment works differently than S/X. If you have a VIN, your car has already been built. S/X cars are generally made to order because of the number of options. The 3’s sre being built and then assigned to customers as configurations are matched to orders.

Your 3 is within a few weeks of delivery. Tesla currently has an inventory of RWD cars that they were holding back to maximize the federal tax credit. They’re now pushing those out and you snagged one. Congrats. Now go clean the garage and install your outlet or HPWC :)

Reactions: radiocycle
@crackers, maybe that's because mine is really so... 'generic'. That is, none of the options, add-ons etc., just what they offer with the addition of the color.

Anyways, I got a call from Tesla today and they gave me the VIN number and we have a day (July 10th) and time to come pick it up! Woot, woot! I still don't even have a NEMA 14-50; it kinda caught me by surprise! So one day shy of 6 months from order to pick-up. I'm excited!

radio