TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hi all... new resident in South Florida

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Cheerose, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Cheerose

Cheerose Member

Moved from north of Atlanta Memorial Day weekend. Used the SC network with no issues heading south...

Currently staying at the Element hotel near the Miami Airport. Chose it because it had a charger on-site; of course, the charger is broken. :(

Been fortunate in that I found a free parking garage near Miracle Mile that has a CP charger inside and is along a bus route. However, this will be a new challenge when I move soon... so I may be scrambling to find something.

Working for a company in Medley -- While i've got a house being built in the Miramar area... I am looking for short-term temp housing. Does anyone know of any housing in Broward that's allows pets and has charging capabilities?

Thanks,

Jeff

2. Electric700

Electric700 Member

Welcome to Florida! You could try checking out Yahoo! Homes - Home for Sale and Rent, Makeovers, Design and Décor, Real Estate. They have a rentals section there. Also south florida apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist.

3. Cheerose

Cheerose Member

Moved into a rental in the Fort Lauderdale area last week... and had my first experience with the Dania Beach service center -- wow... what a positive difference compared to the one in Marietta, GA (nothing against them).
    Had the underbody armor & the SunPass transponder installed, as well as replacing the wipers, the visor mirror covers and the charge port door (fixing a previous fix to it done by Marietta).

Is there a Florida Tesla group on Facebook?

4. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

I don't know of a FL specific group on FB, but we have a private group here on TMC. Just click the link in my signature for instructions to join!

5. Cheerose

Cheerose Member

Thanks - Just signed up for the private group.

Who would have thought that me initially helping with the FL Supercharger Google Map would lead me, indirectly, to actually live here... :)

6. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the Sunshine State and to the club!

You might want to change the location under your screen name. :wink:

Regards,

Larry