Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hi all,

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m a new Model 3 owner in Lancaster PA and loving the new experience. Quick question about cleaning your cars. Does everyone hand wash them or are there ways to get through an automatic car wash? Automatic car washes seem to be a no-no for Tesla’s. Not something I’d even considered before the purchase.

I mostly use automatic touch-free car wash for both of our cars. Too lazy to wash them manually, especially in winter. However, I do have ceramic coating on both of the cars.

Welcome aboard!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dre78
I’m a new Model 3 owner in Lancaster PA and loving the new experience. Quick question about cleaning your cars. Does everyone hand wash them or are there ways to get through an automatic car wash? Automatic car washes seem to be a no-no for Tesla’s. Not something I’d even considered before the purchase.
I was told it’s not a good idea to put the car through the car wash because the paint on our cars is very soft. If you aren’t too concerned about this you can run it through the car wash. I’ve only had my car for a couple of weeks and I ran it through the car wash twice in that time period. I have a local guy who does mobile detailing. I’ll use the car wash as needed and my mobile guy as needed too. I went through the car wash initially to check for leaks. There were none. Enjoy your car.

Wow, nice price. Does that include a paint correction also ?
You know J I’m not sure about paint correction. My guy said he could do full ceramic PPF for 500 which he said would last much longer than
the stuff he would use in the 160 application. I need to spend more time with him to fully understand the process. After I ran my car through
the car wash twice I had him do a full inside and exterior detail job for which he charged me 149 bucks. The car looks like new. Man I’ve got al a lot of learning to do about paint and coatings. Enjoy your weekend.