Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hi, from the City of Roses

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well! I'm a long time lurker but now I'm going to be trying to do some work on my 2018 LR RWD Model 3 and I'll probably be needing to ask some questions so thought this would be a good time to join.

A little about myself: My name is Mike and I live in Portland, Oregon. I've always been interested in cars, tech and for the last 12 years, cameras. I bought my first new car about 13 years ago (a Mazda 6, v6 hatchback) and knew I was going to do some (mostly) cosmetic modifications to it - I wanted to document the changes to help document the changes and share how-to's on a Mazda Forum I was part of but also to showcase what some of the changes looked like. Since then, I got married, moved to suburbia (to reduce the pain of a very long slow commute), rescued a couple kittens and eventually got permission to install solar on our house. Once we started to generate our own electricity, it was a short step to discuss buying an electric car.

After researching the available options, it became clear that the Model 3 was far and away the best choice. So about a year ago, with the pandemic raging, I thought that might be a good time to buy a car. I found a good price on a certified used Model 3 LR RWD w/ FSD on the Tesla site and eventually bought it. We've installed a 220 volt outlet in our garage and I have plans to add a few things to the car which include blacking out the chrome, skinning over the center console, adding a rain drip guard on the back window, and tinting the windows. Nothing too elaborate, but it's a great car already and I don't feel I have the burning desire to do much else to it. Of course the biggest modification I'm looking forward to is FSD Beta, but as most of us are aware, the timing of this modification is not up to us.

So one of the things I'll be researching and asking for help with is to chase down some rattles that Tesla Service has not been able to correct over a few visits. To be fair, the pandemic has made it so the tech can't drive with me so I can point out the trouble spots, but still, I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to take matters into my own hands at some point.

I'm looking forward to learning about my car and hopefully I can add something of value to the community.

Take care,
Mike