Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High pitch sound on my 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got a 70D about 7 months back. I hit the garage at a very low speed and had to replace the bumper and few other things. Everything looked good after i got it back from body shop.

But i am noticing some high pitch noise from the front of the car on passenger side. It sometimes starts when we open the door of the car in the garage. It will be there all the time i drive and only after i get out and when car locks and shuts down, that noise is gone.

I searched on this forum and some people complained about this when driving. But for me, it starts when one of the passenger doors are opened even before driving. Today after i put the car in charging, i went back after 15 min and i am still hearing the sound. Did anyone else have the same issue?

Do you recommend to take to the Telsa authorized body shop who worked on it or to the service center?

Interesting. The fan for cooling/especially when charging or conditioning battery is on the front driver's side I think and it can whine if going out, has anything interfering with it, etc... Tesla will surely solve the problem for you.

There are noises like when you unlock/lock at times that are high pitched but they don't last long I recall, more like the car priming something, the SAS doing something, etc.