Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High School Graduation - SEQ November

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah, agree on the single phase installation. That's what I am putting up as well. Sometimes an EV driver just need that extra 20 km to make it home. Also having one on the map give any Tesla owner the confidence that there is a possible last resort for charging.

Right now Australia is pretty much third world country status when it comes to EV charging. Every dot on the PlugShare map will help to accelerate the inevitable future of sustainable transport.

Btw, Porsches are great cars. Just extremely overpriced in Australia. Good for posing for graduation. Go for it. Really.

Let's just clarify a little, in case of genuine misunderstanding though. A single phase charger will be the most cost effective if you only have single phase power to the premises. Easy to see in the power box as there will only be the one (large) plastic-encased fuse before the meter. If three phase is connected then there will be 3 large plastic encased fuses. Both types charge just ONE car at a time. The three phase can provide 3 x 16A and thus about 11kW and possibly 3 x 32A or about 22 kW (max. usable for dual charger Model S cars). These equate to 55km/hr and 110km/hr (roughly) charging rates. It is likely that installing 3-phase would be quite expensive and so a single phase charger at 32 or 40Amps is still quite good for charging the Model S.

Thanks for that.

I like the sound of that - encourage Tesla drivers to visit the Gold Coast Hinterland without fear of range. Maybe the Scenic Rim could get onboard, not that they're noted for progressive thinking.
Do you think the HPWC could be up and running by November?
Regards.

I would do it for under $100 if I were in your area. Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the planet though.

To me it's really great that a high school student is forward thinking and realizes that EVs should be the future.